Tuesday, November 4, 2014

GLORIOUS

Elder Hutchins
French. I thought I would never come up with enough of these, mais voila. Our ami Raphael told us this week that the French are really feminine, which is why they are so into style and art over comfort and fun (cough cough, America). Those are his words, not mine. But I testify of their truthfulness.

We had a GLORIOUS week. It always feels good to be in your sector and have things happen. (Glorious is a word I learned from Elder Kearon. I like it a lot). 

We went to a natural park last p day called L'Esterel-with beautiful red rocks and blue ocean. The pictures do not do them justice. I wanted to climb all over the rocks. But I made myself wear a skirt so I wouldn't be as tempted.

L'Esterel National Park











This week we dragged Akima around with us to visit some members. It's good because she has no job or anything and so she just sits at home and thinks of really bad ideas. So I decided to occupy her. Hehehe. Never have Sister Hutchins occupy you. I literally made her run around like a hooligan all day. But she was tired and it worked.

She also got to teach Raphael with us. That was good. We taught the plan of salvation. Akima didn't understand very much because she is Portuguese and has only been here a year, but in the middle she just testified of the BOM. Raphael had a lot of questions answered. He says we are his ray of sunshine in the week and that our visits give him the force to keep going. I say the Spirit is here. We are promising you a lifetime of this. What joy!


Lion King-Get It?
The Carpios and we had a great rdv where we taught about the sabbath day. They invited us to their concert and promised to come. They were so close! They came via train and waited for a long time for a bus that never showed up. Progress though.

We had great other visits with Sœur Delval and Lapierre, encouraging them to give out a dedicated BOM, like the ward mission plan says. They're both wonderful sweet older ladies that work so hard despite their loneliness.  

We also saw Sandra and Tongi finally and had a wonderful, spirit filled rdv. They fixed some goals and made some serious progress. 

We had dinner and rcm with the Perez couple, the missionaries, and our amis Raphael and Vanessa. I loved it.



Ok, here's the good stuff. Elder Kearon came this week. We had a zone conference with half of our mission and it was glorious. He taught us some good things, but I loved his emphasis on energy. Rising to a new sense of commitment. Scratch and bite. Have fun. Be happy. I like those things because I know they are true. 

These past few weeks have been a very interesting experience for me. I kind of took a step back and analyzed in spiritual moments what was happening. I feel glowy. I feel like my whole mission, I've been crammed full of light and love and all things good. I literally can't contain it. It just flows out of me from a never-ending source as I teach and testify and smile and laugh. It feels glorious.


























No comments:

Post a Comment