Sunday, November 23, 2014

I Have the Priesthood

Inline image 1Really, this time. Last week when I drove up to the Boston Temple, I mentioned to just about everyone that I just got back off my mission to France (most of them asked). And ALL of them responded that I should be an ordinance worker because there are a lot of people from Montreal who are coming down while their temple is closed for mold obliteration and I could speak French with them. So I talked to my stake president (which is really easy when you eat from the same fridge). And voila quoi. C'est fait. I will work au moins every Saturday from 7 to 18h. My ward actually had a youth temple trip, so we went up at the same time as them, I got set apart, and did a session. I officially start next week. I have the priesthood. But for all of you who listened to Dallin H.'s talk, we already knew that. 

On another note, I've been waking up at 4am every morning to help get my brother in shape for basketball season. He's a junior and 6'4" and still growing. All the other kids are short, but also black, which means they have extra muscles automatically built into their calves. Cheats. But hopefully we can whoop him into shape. Also hopefully tryouts come soon because I don't know how long I want to be doing this. Although I do like when I get to box him out. That's my favorite part. Here's a picture of me playing basketball in high school without digging too far back into the archives. 

Good news of the week. I have a job now and housing for when I go out to Utah. Yay. I'm going to live with my best friend Lauren. I like her. She is a good human. On her birthday, she said, "I wanna feel the heat with somebody". So, like any good friend, I helped her out. It took a while for the heat to get started, but we felt it. We felt it together. (See picture). 
My job for the moment is working with a man named Chris Albanese, a lawyer. Although I don't do lawyery things. I just kind of do odd jobs for him and his wife. I used a leaf blower to clear out his flower beds and he was really impressed. Like too impressed. I wonder what other chumps he's been working with. 
And I made a skirt for myself. For some reason I put that on my list of things to do. And I have to do it here because I don't own a sewing machine. My mom somehow talked me into making three. It's nice because it gives me something to do with my hands while I'm catching up on all these movies my little sisters want me to watch. I also bought a few different piano books to practice, including some Les Mis and Imagine Dragons stuff. I'm also working on technifying some hymns, although I have to wait for my brother to get back from some Catholic retreat so he can help teach me the tricks of Garageband. T Sizzle and I already played around a little with it and decided it needed a nice rap in the middle of a Nearer My God to Thee/I Am A Child of God mashup. Obviously that means we have to write it ourselves. I wrote a practice rap to see how hard it was. I'd like to think it's comparable to Eminem and Blackalicious. I expect to have a few number one hit songs before you hit the next transfer. Enjoy.
Yep. Made this with my hands. 
Get up, get up, get down on your knees
Fixed against those fine fenced filibusters of philosophy
Something so magical cannot be conceived
Gifts so generous cannot be received
The richest of the rich are remarkably in need
We need to ask, we need to act
Do whatever we can to get back on track
Knock off the frustration
With the large scale lack of liberal donations
No taxation without representation
Gratification instantaneously
Simultaneously asking and receivin’
Justin bieber’s new hit CD-better be believin’
Green galore, great gobs of greed it’s
Ruining the society, catastrophe
Calamity, crocodilian collection of casualties
Bank Baba’s bills don’t grow on trees
Work for the wages, a virtual storm of pages
Pleadingly proposing to prodigious sages
Enough is enough, animalistic appetites for the answer
Graciously granted bargains you didn’t beg for
Increased endurance a godsend in war
He condescends, so we can ascend
Personal philosophies so perfectly penned
Termination, the end, bow your head
A prayer ain't a prayer until you say amen. 
There you have it. And tonight I did a fireside all about my mission. At the end, they said, no, keep going! And the bishop said maybe there'll have to be a part two. I also had an ami at church. I like to call him J Money. His real name is Jacob Money. I took him to gospel principles and then to nursery. Nothing like getting your amis to do service. And I had a rootbeer float. And went to institute, where the engagement was to pray 5/7 days in the next week. Weak sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Where do I start? You're an ordinance worker, and you're working in a law firm? All of that sounds very familiar...like the female version of your Uncle.

    Weak sauce. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete