Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm Back!

Who ever thought this day would come? Not I, said the Little Red Hen. And let me tell you it was weird. Starting with weekly planning because I'm still not over it. Two hours into weekly planning, Elder Erickson calls and says, Sister Hutchins. I'm so sorry. The only way for us to get you to Lyon before your plane leaves on Tuesday morning is for you to take a train up Saturday morning and spend the weekend in Lyon. To which I responded, I hate you. 
Turns out I was fine and found another train I could take. I had a great day at church. I only wish I had more time with those wonderful people. They are fabulous, all. May or may not have forgotten to tell them I was leaving until I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting. Oops.
Anyhow. I flew home and it was less stressful than I ever imagined it. I kind of just sat there in a bit of a stupor, not being able to function like a normal human. I finally got home at 19h in Providence, RI. I carried my bags full of rocks and scriptures down the escalator and there they were. Approximately three feet taller then when I left them. 
I was famished and so we went to Wendy's. Love the JBC.

I had an interview and was released by my father. Then I went and took a long, hot shower where the shower head was above me. I didn't cry too much, but I think it's because it doesn't feel real. The mission is the realest thing you will ever feel. Normal life is dull comparatively. It's not hard to see why RMs go inactive. Je suis paume. Sorry for the lack of accents, but I have an english keyboard now. I feel so out of place and I don't know what to do with myself. So day one, I raked the lawn until my hands bled. Then I mowed the rest of it with a ride on lawn mower. This is my lawn and house if you can see it.
Day two my mother took me shopping to get a phone. I pay for it myself and it has internet access. She left me alone for a while so I tried to go through some old boxes of stuff I have, but promptly gave up. We went to Five Guys for lunch and I got a new toothbrush. I learned the Party Rock dance. Thank you, YouTube. And I played some basketball. My dad brought me home stuff for a rootbeer float.
Friday I went to the temple. I left really early to get to a session at 10am. It snowed. But the trees were beautiful. Kind of like these ones. 

Then I got to the temple late because I got lost in Boston. But then I saw people from Montreal (their temple is closed for mold) so I could speak French with them, I saw my aunt, Becky. Then I saw a bunch of people from my home stake. So that was a miracle. 








Then all day Saturday, I drove my brothers and two kids in the ward and three nonmember friends to Boston again for EFY for a day activity. I hung out with my mom and read the scriptures and put pictures on Facebook during the day. Some of my sister's friends found me and spouted off facts about me and took this picture to send to her. 


Then I committed my brother's friend to baptism during the dance portion that I went to. All in all, a good night. Sunday I gave a talk and my family came to visit and skyped Carolyn Carter and my BFF Lauren and my sister Hannah and my brother Derek. There you have it. Love.

1 comment:

  1. And my Uncle Aaron took me out to dinner with his girls on Friday night. But apparently it wasn't memorable. Sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete