Sunday, January 18, 2015

I'm Getting All the Jobs

Work. Shoutout to Uncle Zach this week as I applied and interviewed around campus for all the jobs. I wore a skirt way too much this week. But among others, I interviewed for a planning position with Elder Kunz's aunt, which was probably the most exciting interview I'd ever had. Not because she was his aunt, but because she and her coworker are just exciting people. The only problem with job hunting is that I don't know if I'll be here for the summer. Also, I did get a part time job at the Cougareat.
Sports. Well first off, it rained one day and was slippery and I rolled my ankle. But the great thing about my Athletic Training lab is that I know how to tape it up and I get free tape. And just in time for our ward volleyball activity. Which was better than expected, but not as good as I'd hoped. Sage and I pegged out the good players though, so next time we'll know who to call. A nice kid named Dean drove us home so we didn't have to walk in the snow. I made my roommates do P90X with me this week, kenpo style. They loved it.  We had our first inner tube water polo game of the season. It was rough, but we found our new goalie. If we can just get all the newbies to stay in their tubes, we'll be a real threat. I am still working on my pull-up goal for the year. By the end of the week, I felt like I had gotten shot in the arms. I'm taking that as a good sign.
School. My first exam is in two days. I went to the French lab and spoke to Sadie Hirschi's Quebecoise friend for twenty minutes. I started helping out a guy with an experiment by using ultrasound on my trapezius muscles three times a week. I also get paid for that.
Life. Mals took me to Teazan Tuesday where I just hung out with Bowan Call and Cole Fox and Julia Reintjas all night eating nutella-covered bread. We asked them to go to our water polo game, but they couldn't come. So after the game, we went to visit them and found a really convenient hole in the railing on their balcony. Mals and I climbed right up and slowly opened their sliding glass door. We poked our heads in and the two boys jumped about a mile. Turns out it was the middle of a scary part in The Conjuring and they were really freaked out. Unfortunately, both of these boys were mere roommates, so it wasn't as funny. But still good. I went on a ward temple trip (taking my friend Cam along with me, as per usual) and got free food AND ran into an old friend, EJ who served his mission in Congo, knows some good friends, and speaks French now. Crazy small world. I did my laundry at Derek's house and watched 127 hours (edited), Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog, and played Injustice with Taylor. I like them. Even if all they do is watch movies. Then I had a sleepover with some of my best friends. Ho'o (who also served a mission) and I fell asleep first and woke up first. And I had a weird dream:
I was working in MOA security and holding a sharp butter knife in hand while I frisked people exiting, but strictly from the waist down. Among them, I saw my illegal immigrant friend and we decided to ignore that fact that we knew each other, for our own sakes. Then this lady starts sprinting away before I could frisk her and literally everyone chases after her, even the patrons. I stop and look back and see my tiny roommate, Johnst, do a crazy ninja flip thing as she starts to join the chase as well. But then, somehow she breaks her leg and bones are sticking out everywhere. Using my AT/EMS skills, I splinted her up. Then I was looking for a non-emergency number to call the hospital and Derek kept trying to convince me to watch some new movie with him. 
In other news, I forgot how much I love music. Sometimes I just walk home with my beats bumping and I just think about how happy I am. I'm especially into the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. I also went over to a neighbor's house and played their piano for an hour and a half yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment