Sunday, June 19, 2016

Please, More Dad Jokes

Although the work at Pfizer is a bit more tedious this summer, I am enjoying the company significantly more. Stu and Alex are hilarious and the rest of them are almost as fun. We play games at lunch and Stu tells wildly inappropriate stories and sometimes we all decide to go to the zoo. Look forward to those stories....

Due to the complete overhaul of Pfizer's infrastructure, Mr. Le Chin himself started working with Stu's mom and they made the connection. (We're friends, our kids are friends, let's make a play date.)

Hannah built a fire with little technique, but lots of success. We roasted lots of marshmallows, but ate only a few s'mores. The rest were donated to the fam because we like to roast them, but like eating them less.


Thursday we took a half day at work and went to the Red Sox vs. Orioles game. We got crushed. But the weather was perfect, the company was medium good, and the Boston experience was a dream. We brought Alex Lourenco and P. Monson along for the ride.



We projected Zootopia, which we enjoyed in the theater seating we still have set up. The film was too hyped for me and reminiscent of Hoodwinked. But otherwise, pretty enjoyable. I called being Nick. Lavinia was laying on top of me for a good part of the film, so I started clenching my cheeks to see how long it would take her to notice. About ten seconds, if you were wondering.

This giant blue bug is the essence of my childhood.

Saturday, Hannah, the Mom Lady, and myself took the train to NYC. I have 2 parent vacation pet peeves: first, that they always start group text messages and send a bunch of pictures, bragging about their exploits. The second, is that they always want to get to their destinations as quickly as possible, just to make sure they aren't late. Both were kept to a minimum during this trip, thank the stars.

We ate delicious pizza, meandered around a tad, and only got to the theater an hour early. (Sidenote: We were supposed to meet up with a mission friend visiting from Scotland, but he totally slimeballed me and will be getting a talking-to in the near future.) Les Mis was great. The Thenardiers were hilarious and I liked Valjean a lot more than the Wolverine version. Also the drunk school boy. Classic.


Today, I'm tagging along with El Presidente Le Chin at the newly incorporated Cromwell ward. I took a long nap in a classroom, after an early arrival. Then got invited chez-les Cramers for morning crepes, as learned from his mission to northern France. After church, there was a father's day ice cream sundae bar that I invited myself to. And now I'm just hanging out at the Bell's house, which is clean and wonderful. I'm excited for this ward to join the new stake.


Speaking of dads. Hats off to the great men of the world (like Phil from Modern Family or Andy from Parks and Rec) that have such a special sense of humor.















No comments:

Post a Comment