Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Biggest Hickies In The Land

I work for thirteen hours a day at football camp. Then I work out. Then I get home and want to do zero things. On the daily. But it's super fun - I get to stay inside and do rehab during practice instead of running around giving water to people like the other students. I drink so much chocolate milk. Steve, the head AT (who's not technically my boss), is notoriously difficult because he likes to run a tight ship and also likes to give people a hard time. We get along well. He even let me wear red socks in the training room, which is a serious no-no. The guys are also very polite and fun.

Phelps' cup therapy, if you watch the Olympics.
I'm not a believer, but placebos work too. 
All the students were supposed to introduce ourselves one day, but a few of us missed the memo, so we didn't get to. Somehow everyone already knows who I am though, so I'm not mad. Although I did write this rap:

My name is Naomi, you can call me Hutch
You can even call me Nomes, but I don't like it as much.
I come from a land filled with colorful trees
I'm a Nutmegger, all the way from C-T!
I'm delightfully crazy, a master of sass
And if you can't handle it, you can kiss my -
BASketballer extraordinaire
I write up comic books with incredible flair
And did I mention I rap? Now, let's all be thankful,
I'm not talking about singing, I'm talking 'bout ankles!
I'm the best freaking taper that this world's ever seen.
Just kidding guys...I'm second to Steve!
I'm here, let's be clear, as Brett's protegee
His rehab's top notch, so stay out of his way
We can't have you chokin' cuz your hamstring's broken
You'll be back in a flash from this fire we're stokin'
So just try me out. I heal wounds like a Saint.
And in everything I do, I go hard in the paint.

In other news. I am still working on the comic book. The script is all written and I've got 14/22 pages sketched up. My bridesmaid dress for Lyndsie's wedding fits wonderfully and she as impeccable taste. She's also done a very admirable organizational job even while she's been in Brazil all summer and Thomas has been in England. Mallory Layton and I saw Suicide Squad and I really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is great, the movie could have been better, but it's still really good. And I ran eight miles yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment