Sunday, September 18, 2016

"Have you ever hunted a ghost before?" "Um, successfully?"

Last Sunday the power went out for twelve hours. Which really put a damper on my new vlog (coming soon to a YouTube channel near you). First because my camera wasn't charged and second because we had no lights in our house besides my headlamp and our rapidly depleting phones. And so we delayed a week.

The RS President is already worried about me being inactive. I told her I'm going to miss RS every other week due to mandatory service. Sahhhrrry.

I actually went to FHE. It was right next door and there were cookies. It was also the night they were giving out callings. Luckily, my group was up first to get our callings. Also luckily, I'm not FHE mom. And my group is dope.

I felt like I was going to die this week. I swear, I'm turning into a Rigby. Before I started my program, I was sick once every two years. Now, it's about once a semester and I hate it. Turns out I had a respiratory infection, which to me is just a fancy way of saying a bad cold. Which made it really hard to breathe during my basketball class, but also all other times.


Waffle Wednesday was a thing this week. And it was delicious. I talked to a new friend, Wyatt, that I met on Sunday. Here's the story. Hannah likes to sit near the wall so less people talk to her. I like to sit near the aisle so I can escape easier. So we sat on opposite sides of the row. Wyatt came in, sat directly between us. Which made passing the sacrament slightly easier. After the sacrament, a guy wanted to sit in the row, so I thought he was friends with Wyatt or something. Nope. He just sat right next to me, eliminating the mandatory buffer seat for people you don't know. Which was more awkward because I had to lean toward him to see the speaker. So we bonded with Wyatt over that.
I went to Institute (you're welcome, Monsieur Le Chin).

The nutritionist gave me a sample of an energy drink to try. You're supposed to drink it during practice if you're hungry so that you don't get an upset stomach. But it tastes like straight booty, so don't try "glukose". I might be entering a t shirt design contest. Ghost Ghirls is my new favorite show. We had a Scarlet Pimpernel movie night with pizza on Friday. Which was actually the first time I'd seen Hannah since Monday, due to the fact that she started her new job.

Greg came over to get his new shoes and bring us cider and tell us how he was going to camp out for the UCLA game. Yikes. Twenty-four hours later, I went to the game and hung out in the locker room for a few hours with my free CupBop and t shirt. Then I hung out on the sidelines with the guys who weren't playing while the others changed. Then I roamed around on the field, handing out waters along with the Silver Fox, to the tune of my own cheer squad in the stands (still don't know who you guys are, but I loved it). Then I cheered with the players on the sideline, which I think was a better seat than Porter's at the end zone. Occasionally I handed out waters, but mostly I watched the game and joked with the guys. I really like this football thing. Then I helped load and unload the truck in exchange for free dinner. Then I died. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment