Saturday, March 18, 2017

That's Our Motto: Never Satisfied.

Week 47.

We’re running out of snacks.

I got to the second level of Injustice challenge round, final battle, and see THIS mother licker who has freaking infinity life and a bazillion damage. What.

I wasn't kidding. Check out my guy Flashpoint Batman

Tuesday was Pi Day and Rachel was bored, so I convinced her to buy us some goods – and they were good. We got a Jumbleberry and a Reeses PB, the latter being my favorite. Thanks Village Inn for being so prepared.

This is round 3, folks.

Hannah cut Westes’ hair, so he decided to tip her in Magleby’s. And also me, because that was the only way I would agree to hang out with them. And that’s the story of how I ate the best grilled cheese sandwich of my life for free.

Matt, my friend from Boise State, called to warn me that we might need to send an appeal to US Quidditch because, in reviewing the film, it was very clear that not only did the scorekeepers (*cough cough*) miss 1, maybe 2 goals for their team, but also USQC’s seeker was definitely beat before he caught the snitch. Which means we should have gotten second place and a trip to nationals.

I said yes to a trip to St. Geezy's,
Sportin' my Nikes, no dust on the yeezys
The QD team went to club night and recruited some potential...

The weather was lovely and distracting. I tried to do my HW outside, to little avail. Hannah convinced me to go to the park where I played on the swings until a small child started throwing rocks at me.

At the weekly engineering club basketball game, some kid started quoting The Emperor’s New Groove and I instantly liked him.

See y'all later, have fun at the lake
Van packed and out - don't forget to hydrate.
After 14 emails, my physics TA finally agreed to let me do my lab early because I’ll miss it next week. Then he let me skip the last part. Curtis has his good days.

Thursday Moochday. I crashed the end of institute to get the pizza – and found out my delightful QD friend Taylor is in my stake. Then I crashed a birthday party for the brownies and ice cream. Then I made a deal with AT Matt to get his BOC prep book in exchange for a pizza. So he ate it while we watched the live action Avatar Last Airbender.

Because you ALWAYS provide special instructions.
The football team convinced me to go to St. George with them. They’re lucky I like them so much. They also found out that I rap, so Steve asked me to write something about the trip, which I did while they were setting up their tents (aka I had a while…). It was hot and dry and I even used sunscreen, which lessened my burns. It was fun until the ride back with the EQ managers – you know how I feel about them.

Um, excuse me? Can you turn off the bumps?
QD practice moved to 10am and it was a delightfully warm day. The new recruits showed up and we only had one injury. This also marks the day when the team finds out all my best friends are eighty year old men. 
Well, I'm not willing to part with my kidney just yet, so
you'll have to live with this pain-relieving gel I found.
A group from the team hiked up to the Hot Springs in Spanish Forks. Admittedly, this was probably the best hike I've ever travelled. One of the kids brought a date, so I pretended to be on a date with a kid named Ryan, but then his kidneys started hurting and I backed out before he could make any serious demands. 

The waterfall was cold enough to give me an instant brain freeze. The hot springs were hot enough to burn the flesh straight off my feet. Maybe I'll stick to the manmade water works. I'm so pampered.

That's the squad. (Except the two kids on a date went missing under
mysterious circumstances ten minutes in...)
It was a hand and foot night of the ages. Ho'o, Lauren, Mandy, and Lauren crushed it (and by that I mean just the ones that were on my - THE WINNING - team). Mandy told us about flight safety precautions, Ho'o stayed far away from the youth cushion, Lauren told us all about how she likes things slow, and Lauren announced several times: "IS THERE ANY CHOCOLATE IN THIS HOUSE?" which we promptly ignored. I like these kids.


Taylor Bly. My new friend and NOT an 80y old man.
She's delightful and one of the best humans and just gets it.
Can't say enough good things here.
Lauren, if you're reading this, stop being jealous. 

1 comment: