Sunday, June 25, 2017

So Long, UT

Tuesday was my last day of undergrad - I finished my psych exam in < 20 minutes. On to bigger and better things. Hallelujah.

Sad days at the training room.
I got to have French patisseries with Wheeler in SLC. Have I mentioned how delightful that man is? Dee is the luckiest.

What a stud, seriously. 

Carolyn and I went out for Persian kebabs (almost as good as the Turkish kind). She, too, is a wonderful individual. Let's stay friends.

I wish we could hang out more, even when I lived in Provo.

The madre got to town, did her hair, ate lunch at the closest thing Provo has to a NY bar, and took us shopping.

Then she shoved into a car with five other people as we drove up to Evan's pool for a party. Between the mission, school, and church, it appears that I actually have a decent number of friends.

My BFF replaced me with pizza, so
I'm gonna have to one-up her.
We even hit up Ben & Joy's for some Hutchins-sized pazookies and family loving. I'll miss them and their adorable puppies. Also Joy's spectacular cooking.

Pig-Woman-Tree is a lucky man. 
Weeny K and I headed up to Clearfield for some tasty bevs and sandwiches with Granny B, Papa Bear, and the Wilde things. Also I ate an entire bowl of Lindt chocolate because why not.

The crew.
In the gazebo :)

Rachel May and I chilled for a bit. She's getting married soon too and I'm sure it will be a straight P-A-R-T-Y, as Moriah would say.

What a babe. Slayyyyy.

After, Jacob and some of his friends met at Denny's to celebrate a friend's birthday. I didn't know her, but she was pretty cool and had a great deal.

Kassie came over late to bid me farewell also. It was a nice break from packing the car. I'll miss our deep discussions that attempt to invoke some emotion in my body.

Because this was the best picture of me.

Kell and I left early for AZ, where it's been record-level hot. It took us ten hours and one bathroom break. Mom even checked off 'drive over 100mph' from her bucket list. Good work. And guess what? It doesn't even feel that hot since there's like 12% humidity.

I moved in, unpacked, and we went out for steak at Texas Roadhouse. Mom copied my order, but it was fine because she let me eat all the bread.

I live with a lovely family of Heidi (mom), Autumn (21, Mexican RM), Ben (17), and another girl who's gone for the summer with her dad in Utah. They have a dying dog (Ted), an energetic dog (Flash), and a cat (Calvin, who I call Cletus Jones for kicks).

These ducks just lollygaggling across the street.

Saturday, after I had the best sleep of my life on a real human bed, Kelloggius and I went out. I did not get a library card, I did file a change of address slip, and we got lots of food and items necessary for my survival.

I ate a thousand blueberries and took a nap.

Scott, the guy who hired me, met me at the clinic to show me around and explain a little more what's going down. I'll be working with a new PT named Paul and get business cards and a free gym membership.

Then Kelly Diane Schrum and I got some shoes at Finishline and ate at Chili's. The bartender made me a special blueberry drank and the chef made some killer ribs.

I dropped the mom off at the airport that was NOT ten hours away, went to church, played the piano, wrote a book, ate family dinner, and finished setting up my room. Quality week.

No comments:

Post a Comment