Sunday, July 9, 2017

Domestic Goddess

In addition to regular work, I picked up a few hours taping ankles at a local basketball camp in the morning. I did NOT realize all the kids only speak Italian and the coach thinks that every problem can be solved with massage. But the coaches are cool and asked if I would want to help coach in the fall. I haven't decided yet.
Look I found the perfect candle for ye olde deek.
And it glows when it's lit. Yiss.
The Fourth of July, Autumn, Heidi, and I went up to Sedona - comparable to France's L'Esterel with its beautiful red rock. Since I can't do anything fun anymore, we just walked around the town, saw the famous church, and tasted all the free samples of fudge and jerky. (Including ostrich and alligator.)

The three adventurers.
We ate at 99 Agave, a delightful Mexican-esque place. Autumn and I split the most delicious food but I don't remember what it was called. #Gringo

Whatever it was, it was good.
I loved the heat so much that I decided I was part-reptile. Which would explain my affinity for them. Also my excitement when a man from some conservationist group had several cages of holdable snakes. 

The literal dream.
We tried to go up to some other scenic lookout place, but it wasn't free. Nixed that idea, but we did find this scenic lookout place en route, so it wasn't a total loss. 

And some nice girl took our picture.
We got back just in time to be fashionably late to a pool party, where our limited 'legal' fireworks almost caught a tree, the yard, and the dog on fire. Almost. 

Obligatory BFFs.
Good thing we like each other.
Thursday I invited myself over to Cenita's so we could be real friends. I like her. We chatted for a while and ended up watching Stranger Than Fiction, which was perfect. (Would you rather have a life or a stack of pancakes? Depends on the quality of the pancakes.)

Friday was the best day. Autumn and I went over to Alex's place with Bryan and we made Brazilian cheese bread reminiscent of Tucanos. We played Betrayal at House on the Hill - a game in which Alex and I turned vampire, Autumn died, and Bryan barely made it out alive. Jenga stressed Alex out so bad because we kept taking all the blocks from the bottom. We asked a few Would You Rathers and looked at fetus-level pics of ourselves (yikes...). AND THEN they showed me this cool version of Mario Kart where you just have to kill each other and I would've won EASY if I actually had any driving skills and didn't knock myself out of the game by crashing into stuff two seconds into round 3. Next time. 

#Righteous. Let's go.
Saturday I woke up early enough to go to the Spanish session at the temple - so I could get a headset and listen in French. I also did a bunch of errands, including buying snacks that will up my protein intake by 4,000% (as per the request of my fitness commander). 

Also Autumn helped me make eclairs. She's the real domestic goddess. 

Two pictures because I couldn't see what
they were gonna look like.
Six friends. That's the total. And they are delightful, one and all. We know how to pick 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment