Sunday, August 20, 2017

What are we going to do for FIVE days in Nauvoo??

ATTENTION, ATTENTION. Lauren Bellon, my still-best friend who loves Nauvoo with all her heart, won the competition to get 5 free nights at the Wilfred Woodruff Hotel in Nauvoo for her friends and family (40 people). Blessed. She's wonderful and funny and let's see if we can't get her engaged while we're up there.

The car I eventually bought. 
Cenita's mother made rolls this week. They are heavenly and the only reason that I went to FHE, where the kids were playing human foosball (and I obviously could NOT participate). I did run a few times this week - and by run, I mean jogged very slowly for minimal distances with a brace. Baby steps.

That, friends, is $6K that I do not have.
Paul's been covering at another clinic, so Shae has been helping out with our patient load. I quite like him, even if he is Canadian and hates the Bruins. He's got a good mind for rationality and organization - his practice is malleable, which is how I prefer it.

While Paul's been at the other clinic, he talked to our owner, Troy, who apparently thinks I'm QUIET. Also Paul has been telling him all the ridiculous details about my life. The good news is that I'm so ridiculous, there's no way anyone would believe ALL those things could be true about a single person.
Basic white girls doing basic things. 
The stress of the week was buying a car. Online research, in person drives, money transferring, etc. But I finally have it (mostly). I bought a used 2011 Ford Fusion that's wayy nice. It's got a temporary registration while I wait on the title (that its previous owners had to pay off still). I still need insurance before I can drive it, but I have until Wednesday to get it. Photos to come, as soon as I feel like doing a photoshoot.


In celebration of buying the car, I called the Krempy and told him about it. Then Cen (who helped me pick it up) and I went out for drinks with my Oregano's gift card that one of my favorite patients got me. People are so nice.
Put me in, coach.
Friday night, the Mesa was having a Wedding Crashers-themed dance. My normal attire for wedding receptions is shorts and a t shirt, but I figured I'd put on my formal wear: black jeans and a baseball tee. Was I still the most underdressed kid there? Probably, and that's just how I like it. It's been a while since I really danced and I loved it. I ate crepes, hopefully didn't put too much strain on my knee, made a new friend, and even danced with an attractive man. Ashlyn and I got to catch up while I was there as well, so that was delightful.

Had to be done.
Cenita didn't get to go to the dance, so I picked her up so she could chill at my house on Saturday. We chatted, bought granola, ate some BOMB chicken Heidi cooked up, did face masks, and she spent four hours braiding my hair. So I'm boutta look like some white trash on the way to church, but it aight.

No comments:

Post a Comment