Monday, September 4, 2017

California Skinbags

Let me start at the beginning. No, it's too long. Let me sum up.

I spoke in church on Sunday (in typical Hutchins fashion) and it was well-received. My new friend Rod (our Stake 2nd counselor or something) suggested I become a seminary teacher. I said I had no idea you could request callings.

Take a closer look.
I traveled with a group to go see Neil L speak on faith (what else?) in Tempe. SparkNotes: have a desire, prepare, and runrunrun to the end. Also watch Chariots of Fire.

Deep fried french toast was on the menu for FHE, so obviously I was there, finding temple names with a bunch of pioneer descendants. Then we headed over to the Grovers' to play Who What When Where Why, which is one of my new faves, to celebrate everyone going back to college soon.

Swimming.
Somehow, my work ended way early on Tuesday, so I busted over to Institute with my guy Rod, as promised at my earliest convenience. A few of us hit up Sonic after.

Wednesday, I did my visiting teaching with Cen. As much as we could, anyways. One of our girls met us in a bar for drinks. Yes. Mocktails for days. Then I went back to the Grover's to play Guilt.

Friends: John & Sarah Dunn.
Aaron DeMarco, from RI, was in town visiting our mutual, Alex. So I met them at Barro's for pizza and a nice chat.

I busted out of AZ for the long weekend with Sarah, John, and John's mission bro Derek. We slept at John's parents house, but only his mom, Karen, was home. She came with us to Newport beach and even played some Spike in my place.

Venice Beach.
On our tour of the countryside, we stopped by Venice beach for some gourmet ice cream at the Salt and Straw, and Uber'd our way out with Miguel, who loves his job because he has ample opportunity to "look at the ladies".
Salt & Straw. Only place I know to get bone
marrow & roasted cherry ice cream.
Sunday, we went to church where a very theatrical Sunday School teacher who only asked rhetorical questions described Nauvoo as "sultry". Then I became best friends with Papa, the 85 year old grandpa. I love old men, have I mentioned that? They're easy to read.

My man, Papa. He loves FB. #Touchdownnnn
For the last day of vacation, John/Derek went surfing in the early a.m., while Sarah, Karen, and I drove out to Seal Beach to meet up with Shiboi/Shennsley for some cloudy boogie boarding. We showered and ate at a quaint little diner called Ruby's and headed home. And there we are.

Dem Crew: Zooping those waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment