Monday, October 16, 2017

Unique Eunuchs

Monday was my last day with Isabelle. Naturally, I left her alone for 8 hours because I had to work. Then I tried to take her to our indoor kickball FHE (which I can't participate in yet, but I figured all kids love kickball), forgetting one crucial piece of information: Isabelle. Hates. Sports.

I took her to Sonic afterwards and she was more than content with the day. At one point she said, "Hey! We never got virgin drinks!" Isabelle. Literally everything you drink is virgin.

These suckers just climb all over. 
I dropped her off at the airport - after bringing her all the way through security. And good thing, too. That girl does not listen to directions.

I started housesitting for my coworker, Jen. Her house is lovely. Her 2 snakes are lovely. Heck, even her lizard is fine. The 6 dogs are a little much for me. The cat is evil.

Just me and my guy,  chilling.
The only dog I actually like is named Chevy. He's one of the four chihuahuas, but he hates all the other dogs, just like me. So sometimes I only let him out and we sit on the couch and read and ignore everyone else. Find me a guy like that.

Cenita came over after her classes on Thursday to chill. And brought chocolate PB ice cream - that girl knows how to woo me.

Look at this gross little dog. Love him.
Friday I worked all day and night. One kid went down yelling "I broke my collar bone". I looked at it and confirmed and then he started crying. Kids are weird.

Saturday, I was happy to spend the day alone, but I promised Kaleb I'd go hiking with him (since the rest of the ward was gone on a campout). We went to a nice cave and then traipsed through a hoard of jumping cacti - and I only got stabbed four times. And I have a weird rash on my arm now, but it's aight.
Only place these bad boys grow: Phoenix, AZ
I just stayed for dinner since Cen had just gotten home by the time we got back. I met BumKnee (the grandma) and Papi and we had some nice Mexican with lamb. Then we met Wendy at my fake house and waited for the dogs to calm down to chat (while working on my Halloween costume).

Weeks ago, I promised Tom that I would go to a CCV service. It was...interesting. There's something to be said for professional pastoral staff and technology - especially if used in a way to get interest and help people apply doctrine into their lives. It was lovely and I saw a lot of parallels with our own church organization. At the same time - it's very clearly a church of man. And while I'm glad that these people are actually attending church, there's so much more to be had. Also a lot more work to do.
Gigantors of the Cacti World.
Because I was at CCV, I missed ward council. Which was fine. But I also missed the memo that I was conducting the fireside that night (that I was not planning on attending). So I went and ate about 1/3 total cookie volume. No regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment