Sunday, June 28, 2020

You Can't Help Jesus If You're Dead

This was my last week of summer normalcy before I head off for a 3-week camping adventure. So I spent it getting my shiz together.

I met with my new CI for the first internship (July-September) and we had a nice chat and I found out which clinic he works at (process of elimination). I also renewed my credentials - by spending a day in PHX for a BLS renewal course and getting my annual Tb test.

All that for a splinter. 
Then I set up my second internship - at the VA outpatient here in Prescott, which hopefully will cover all the requirements of my inpatient experience. The VA means fingerprints, a million years of paperwork, 4 hours of online training, and (hopefully) a stipend. And the old guy fingerprinting me didn't even care that I brought in a copy of my passport, since "we finally had a 10 come get fingerprinted" *wink*. (I did get fingerprinted here about 3 months ago with the actual, but it's currently in storage so they let me off the hook.)

In between all that and working for UberEats, I helped out at the house. The cabinets are installed, the countertops are in (but not buffed yet), the wood flooring and stairs are done, and the tile in the showers is so close. I also painted the support beams on the bottom of the deck because we can't have any exposed beams as part of a safety regulation and we had to get it done before Josh came to finish the deck the next day.

The painted deck. That doesn't look like it, but I promise it is. 
I also got to talk to the CO Hutchins for their Sacrament Mtg, where they tried to convince me to move to Wyoming. At least Roger's on their side. I like being warm too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment