Sunday, June 19, 2022

Fathers Day (in which the Chins say farewell to CT)

Work has been real slow this week since I discharged a lot of patients last week and now I've got to rebuild. I spent my time getting partway through a CPR course and N95 fit testing and acing a practice visit for state. I even got a card on how well I did. 

I also spent some extra time re-vamping my office. Aka my car. I washed her, changed her oil, even got the tires rotated. She's already vacuumed, so she's good to go. 

Wee Scotty, an old man I met on the streets, invited me to sewing classes a while back and I finally joined in on one course that specializes on working with knit fabrics. All the other classes are full, but this class is a one-on-one with his wife (because nobody else signed up). Round one pretty fun, but the gelato Rog requested spilled on the way home. 

The YW had a game night and we played Left-Right-Center. This is a game in which the loser dumps a cup of water on their head - and we all got wet throughout the night. It was fun and the YW stayed for like two and a half hours playing and chatting, so I guess they needed it too. 

I played some basketball this week and there was a new lady who really wanted to set a screen on me. That seemed to be her main goal on defense, but one which she never accomplished. The other fun news is that I scored the winning 3. And THAT doesn't happen every day. 

Rog's parents were in town so we hung out at Carol's with them on Saturday for lunch and so Rog could play with the kids. By the time we left, it was late so we got wings for our date night and then I worked on a sewing project and Rog worked on leather and we watched New Girl. We went back to Carol's house Sunday so Becky and I could crush everyone by 4K points at Hand and Foot and eat some prime elk straps and fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment