Sunday, April 28, 2024

Camping & More Bread

 The Palmers invited us over for dinner on Sunday (since I share a birthday with Mike). So we got to enjoy their company and food and new massage chairs / foot massagers. It was a fun time and we ended up staying over there for a lot longer than we planned. 

I did make the rest of that amish bread into 2 batches - blueberry and coconut, the classics. We ate some, froze some, and gave some away. (Our neighbor keeps giving me bread for no reason, so I figured I would return the favor at some point). Always delicious and gone way too fast. 

We did actually have CFM study together, but it was after a day of Rog working his biology job. For this one, he had to hike a perilous trail straight down a canyon, unload/load supplies and set them up for some data collection on fishies, and then hike back up. He said the hike was hard, the ticks were many, and he was super tired and nauseated by the end. So our CFM was around 5 and then he immediately fell asleep for the night so he could recover from his heat exhaustion. 

The chopper dropping supplies.

After talking to all the stake YW presidents again (who have done zero advertising for the multi-ward activity that they were excited to have me plan/execute) I decided that if I didn't run it, nobody would. Which would be a shame. So I reminded them to TELL people about it and I would make it happen. (My own ward also 'forgot' and planned our camp fundraiser the same day/time, conveniently). 

We actually went camping this weekend. We had to break in our new camping trailer with a fold out tent on top. It was pretty comfy, although a really cold night. We camped by Ashurst Lake - kind of where Rog wants to go turkey hunting. It was busy. But we ate some hamburgers and hot chocolate and were woken a little by some daring coyotes that Rog scared away, and then by some really lovely birdsong. 

Then we went on a nice little jaunt into the woods to a spring and a salt Rog has been stocking to lure in the deer. We adventured farther than he had previously because I wanted to find the actual single source of the spring, instead of the muddy puddle with bright green grass that resulted farther down the line. We found a pipe out of the rocks that was diverting water from the lakes probably and chose that spot to have  a snack and listen to the water for a while. It was nice. I did get some photos on my camera, but I am too lazy to get to them at present. 

After getting home and showering, we went to a matinee showing of Henry Cavill's new movie - The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Which was hilarious and well-worth it if you can stomach some language and blood. Probably one of the best we've seen on the big screen in a while. (Although I have heard The Mummy is coming to theaters again for a week soon...)

Rog's mom was in town for some pre-op stuff and will stay for a bit to recover from an eye surgery, so we went to Sam's with her to pick up a few bulk items and went out for ice cream. Long live the birthday month of fun. 

(Let it be noted that Rog also was gifted a new gallon water bottle jug and some English scriptures for his half birthday, which apparently only I think is a celebratory milestone. Usually not enough to get a gift, but enough for me to bug him during his own birthday month of fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment