Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Roger is gone (part 2)

While Rog was having a great time in the river - hiking, rafting, fishing, netting, saving dumb-dumb hikers who were woefully unprepared, I was home by myself. I was living large off wedding leftovers and generally having a good time. 

stealing my signature pose

The big project I decided to commit to is making a book of photos and stories from my mission that are worth telling that I don't often remember. I've already been going through my journals and listing stories, so this will be the final product but it will take quite a bit of work. 

rafting was just an extra treat

I also had a dentist appointment because my teeth felt "scuzzy" and also because I've been having my weird non-cavity nerve pain again. Nobody has ever told me what it is, only that it isn't a cavity. Still never actually had one of those, I guess. Turns out it's temporary gum inflammation that exposes a nerve root and I have to brush lower on my gums on a more regular basis. Easy enough fix. 

he had a fun fun time

Because "Roger left [me] a widow", I had a dinner appointment with the Fox family and the missionaries. It was delicious and I ate half a loaf of their homemade bread and freezer jam for dessert. We chatted for a while after because their daughter has DS and we were discussing services available for her here, which are excellent, apparently. 

gifts from Woodruff

Rog got home Friday by dinner and was too tired to commit to driving to Page to fix a water heater, back to Flag, and then to Woodruff for the tail of his family reunion that he felt he needed to be at. So instead, he relaxed and showered, and we drove up to Woodruff on Saturday. We made it in time for taco salad for dinner and a game of cards with Karen/Josh. Bed time was toasty on the floor without AC. And then French toast was a killer for breakfast. I took a nap in the sunshine and enjoyed some guy playing the harmonica and Rog talked to mostly the usuals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment