Sunday, August 16, 2015

So Many Things.

Here comes the #PfizerScienceBus. Holla. 
For those who haven't seen Shark Tank,  it's a show for aspiring entrepreneurs to showcase their innovative ideas in hopes of getting funding. I joined a similar team here at Pfizer, with the goal of making the company more accessible to millennials. So we prepared a presentation and some quality props and guess what? We got funded! Now we have money, but are all leaving and are still expected to complete our project.
Just what I wanted.

Bruce. The champ who's been dealing with me all summer. 
This was my last week at Pfizer. It was great, even without winning our innovation challenge. I successfully finished all my projects and data entries just in time to leave Friday. I had some great workouts and left with a pile of workouts to do in the future, as well as the promise of a $25 Dick's gift certificate. I got Thai food multiple times with some of my favorite people, Jeremy, Angie, Bruce, and Abby, as well as my innovation team. Andy and I had a good chat about positivity, since he's the nicest person I know and I needed to pick his brain a little bit. And I left. All good things. I'ma miss this place. And I'll have a hard time going back to a lower quality job.


Milking it for all its worth. Honestly. #DopeyDad
Then this guy went and got a surgery on his ankle and forgot to tell anyone at work. I think he's actually been at work 50% of the time, at most. He's always gone on yachts or vacations or whatever.
But the surgery means he missed out on bootcamp (again), as well as Night Frisbee and early morning basketball. I love sports. We had good times all around, minimal injuries, and continued the newly founded tradition of post-game homemade milkshakes.



From the soup kitchen to the
poop kitchen. 
Andy even came and played with us! And he motivated Kevin and I to go play basketball with some Pfizer guys at a nearby park AFTER the hardest cardio workout of my life, which ended in a half mile sprint. All this AFTER night frisbee, which always fries up my knee caps. So my body was feeling good going into it. And my soul was feeling good coming out.
Friday night, Greg and I were treated to professional massages, something that's always been on the bucket lists. We milked it. We swam and hot tubbed and steam roomed (only a good choice if you enjoy choking on air). And we got massages. Of course we both had to double check the fact that you don't wear clothes during. My guy was cooler than Greg's though. He was super chill and we got along great. It was great while it lasted. Although both of us felt a little worse for the wear afterwards.
The family all went over to the Steel's house for a BBQ party in honor of Marissa's RN graduation. She's going to be at home for a bit until she gets a job, etc. (Mom told us she would make us pay exhorbitant sums of money for the worst living conditions if we moved back in after graduation.) And we found a very well preserved and giant bug that will be found in Isabelle's bed at a later date.
The Hutchins also bombed the local soup kitchen. They've never SEEN cleaner dishes.
Sunday, we filled our car up with passengers and headed to Warwick for our last singles ward adventure. The Hutchins Squared talked about the Sabbath day. And by that I mean the Atonement. As per usual, overflowing our speaking time with great stories and calls to repentance. We ate the fastest lunch ever and hurried to leave, only to find that our one hour drive was extended to four as we encountered accident after accident. That's what happens if you don't keep the Sabbath day holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment