Monday, September 30, 2013

My Family is Happier Than Yours



Hungry me in front of a church
   

     Facts Francais: People like scooters here. I'm not talking about moped scooter bikes, although they like those too. I'm talking like Razor kick-start scooters. I'm talking grown men in suits and pointy shoes, women in dresses and high heels just kickin' along the cobblestone sidewalk. I'd send a picture if they weren't so darn fast. And if I wasn't incapacitated laughing at these grown adults scooter-ing to work every morning. 
     My mind is still in the process of becoming organized. As some guy once said, "You're studying right if you don't have enough time to study." True story. I have all these projects I want to do, topics I want to study, and no time to do it because I care more about my investigators. But I finally finished one this week, which was really nice. Check that one off the list that is growing daily. I wish I had more time to study, and more time to contact, and more time to teach, and more time to travel to other villes. All of it is just so good. Every single part. The rejection, the tombez-vous, it's all good. I love missionary work. 
Jumanji Mosquito
     



     Speaking of rejection, last P day we went to Macon. We've been once before and it seemed like a good ville. Only 40 minutes away, 3 members live there, and a bunch of old ami's we can pass by again. We did some porting there and in literally every building someone came out to tell us we can't just ring doorbells-it's interdit. Mains. If you were wondering, 'interdit' means not allowed. It means you better get lost fast, because I got the cops on speed dial. It means cranky old ladies and owners of the establishment standing on the doorstep, calling security, and staring us down until we turn the corner at the end of the block. Although, I strongly feel that Macon is not ready for us to be there, those people could really use some joy in their lives. 
     Coming home this week, we stopped a lady that I never recognize at first, but as soon as I start talking to her, I realize who it is. She gets upset and says, "Aah. Why do you always stop me! Every time I walk down the street you stop me! I've been stopped by you eleven times now! Why me!" (Of course, she doesn't always say eleven times, but that's the most recent count. And she's pretty accurate.) I told her she has a light. And also it's a sign she should probably listen to our message. She still said no, but she was actually smiling this time, so I'll count it. We also had a bomb lesson with our DMP and a new ami, Beatrice. She's cool. She's Evangelist and has a couple kids. I love teaching with members also. I've heard Frere Landre can get a little crazy, but he was
Preaching Gospel!
so helpful. We had Zone Training this week. I love all meetings. They are a hassle and require a pause in missionary work, but you always come away feeling so good. Loved it. I also had an exchange with the Sister Training Leaders. Soeur Carter and I were running around and contacting and teaching like mad men. We met a guy, Benoit, who is the Championaire of Lutte for France, and also said he was praying to meet messengers of God that morning. I love when that happens. I figure, if you just keep running around and doing what you're supposed to be doing and talking to everyone, you'll be ready when the miracles are there. As long as you're moving the Spirit can push you in a direction. It's a lot harder if you're not moving-static friction and all that. Here's the goal of the week, that  stems from a boy scout motto or something. Leave every person better than you found them. Plan out miracles to share, compliments to give, and questions to ask, if you have to. (I really have to. My brain doesn't work fast enough), As President says, we got "Cool Power". Show them you care and make them want to be better missionaries and members and people by emphasizing what is important to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment