Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wake the Giant

French fact. They have to give you juice. If they give you only water, they feel stingy. 

Super speed style. I went to the funeral of a member and saw some beloved less actives there, thanks to some wonderful fellowshippers, the Munniers, who came back from Spain. 

We met with Akima who literally had been in a disaster zone for the past few months and she was literally glowing. That's what church and a good day of hard labor do for you. 




Then I took a train to Nice. A nice man led us to the airport. We flew to Bordeaux. There, we got some delicious patisseries the size of Soeur Jones' swollen leg and we went to english class. With Justine, Sarah, Elders Johnson, and Karras. We wrote stories about leprechauns that ended up being hilarious. Even when you speak impeccable english, it all goes downhill when there's a time limit. It was funny. 

The next day I was pampered by my favorite people. Breakfast was made and laid before me. Soeur Swenson braided my hair. Soeur Koyle cleaned off my dishes for me. I'm pretty sure Soeur Luthi was bowing and Soeur Schreiber was singing praises, but I'm not sure. They're all wonderful and we had a fun time. 

I went to the prefecture to check up on my cart de sejour because my temporary one expires in a few days, but they refused to do anything about it and told me to wait. #illegal. 

We got HFC for lunch before heading back to the airport and Cannes. We essentially went straight to a rdv with the Oualis, a deaf family that is hilarious. Except the cat kept licking itself and it creeped me out. 

Thursday, we went out to Toulon for a district meeting that was really good and ended with pizza. Then I went on exchange to Nice, leaving my poor bleue in Cannes. I'm there to facilitate progress, not to pamper her. She understands. 

Our trio
In Nice, I was in a trio with Soeurs Johnson and Sopi. They are good people. We had a rdv with Léa, a referral from the bishop. She has three daughters and they need this gospel and are so close to it. I really connected with them and I just wanted to throw her little girl onto the coach. It's been a while since I've touched a child and she would have loved it. Her mom would have loved it less. But I'm here to have fun. 

I got back from the exchange and the world was kind of in chaos, but we figured it out. Soeur Schreiber kept expecting me to express disappointment. Little does she know how refined and mature I actually am. That's a joke. 

Lea and girls
We had our first RCM meeting with Frere Perez. He has some fire and I am all for it. We're like the same person and so we just feed off each other. We were both getting frustrated in ward council afterwards when we finally got ahold of the ward mission plan, which leaves much to be desired honestly. We're ready for a revolution. We are ready to change and wake up the sleeping giant that is Cannes. EN AVANT. Sound the war cry. 

We also had Stake Conference in Marseille this week, so it's been a traveling hobo week. President was there. And Elder Dikes of the 70. I knew they were going to call up some missionaries so I treasured up the word to prepare myself. I think President thought it would've been stressful for my blue, but he said he was so close to choosing us. But a couple other Elders went up and shared the restoration. 


 Our RS President told us that whenever she saw us, we were up on the stage talking to people. Well, as Kohor says, to be successful, a man must surround himself with the very best of everything. So I had some nice talks with all the important people before they ran out and then I talked to all the normal people who straggle around. Anyways it was a charged week, but fun nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment