Sunday, December 21, 2014

Gloria In Excelsis Deo

As per usual, all highlights hemdomadaire occurred at the end of the week. The beginning is usually pretty tame. I went to work literally all day on Monday. I did have a dinner break. As part of my work, Chris thought it would be a good experience to go to a BNI meeting. So at 7am I went to this networking meeting. It was basically a bunch of professionals doing 30s commercials- what kind of referrals they would like, what services they offer. Then two businesses get a ten minute slot each week to go more in-depth. It's all very dry. I liked the personal trainer, though.
Kristen, Mikey, and RJ

I got my tooth tumor fixed this week. And I got a free bracelet because Dr Kitley is actually the kids' dentist and I'm supposed to go to the adult side now. What can I say? I'm a rebel. I also got a life time supply of glasses and contacts. And I got all my old glasses fixed. And the guy who helped me out with it all is Haitian, so we talked in French for a while. Then I was bored, so I volunteered to do mom's shopping while she was finishing up her eye appointment. She gave me the list and I was out running. I got everything she ever wanted. And more. I was privileged to see basketball games from Xander, Trevor, and Hannah this week. What a beautiful sport that is. Friday, I babysat for Kristen Fry, who is a tad eccentric, but a better person than I could ever hope to be. What an example of hope and diligence in the midst of trials.
Grampy and Mimi. And Derek-
who gets back this week!

Saturday I went to the temple, yet again. I had a few good laughs that day. Overstressed co-workers. Weird, rented temple clothing. It was all good fun and oh so glorious. I loved it. I headed over to Grampy's on the way back for some cookies, but more importantly grape juice. Love that stuff. We all went down to Kevin's Christmas chorus concert, which was splendid as well. Final Cut was hilarious with an Africa/12 Days of Christmas mix, similar to this one. And the Carolers were lovely as well. Almost as lovely as that sandwich I enjoyed while watching the concert, despite the "velvet seats" of the auditorium. The grande finale was of course, all the alumni singing the Hallelujah Chorus with Select and Chamber choirs. I sang the men's part. Partially because I was hanging out with some old chums, Zach Higgins, Sabo, and Steven Burger. Partially because I can't actually sing that high. Then Zach and I grabbed some late night GTH milkshakes and caught up on life. And contacted Maurice, the Brazilian barista who will soon receive his very own Portuguese BOM, gratuitement. (Good thing I only know how to bear my testimony in that language. Comes in handy.) And planned many an adventure for the upcoming week. It includes the classics: Star Wars, Hobbit, GTH, and frisbee. Who can argue? And today is Sunday. I spent all of Sacrament meeting avoiding sitting or leaning on a staple Kevin found and kept placing strategically on the pew. We all need a little more adventure in life. Then I taught Gospel Principles, unplannedly. And Primary. Unplannedly. Roarke and I became friends. Zack and I did not.  And some Canadians came to my Gospel Principles class, so we spoke French as well.

There he is.
Little Jonny himself.
Here's a new segment I like to call "Missionary Look-Alike". This week, we have two featured. The first shoutout goes to Soeur Schreiber. I saw the Asian version of you (how appropriate) at the temple (hence the lack of picture). But she has the same haircut, the same face structure, the same style, including some bright red heels I can easily picture on your feet. Voila, thought of you. Second shoutout goes to Elder DuPre, spotted at the chorus concert. I never knew your voice was so good. But there you have it. I love you all and miss you a reasonable amount. I hate that David Archuletta came without me, but I'll get over it. I wish you all an overabundance of joy and happiness, which will come to you as you follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Wonder who taught you how to bear your testimony in portuguese? : ) - Tanner

    ReplyDelete