Sunday, September 27, 2015

Conference-a-thon

If you were wondering what we do in my Athletic Training classes, this is it. We wanted to make sure that ultrasound and short wave diathermy actually increase tissue temperature (thereby promoting injury healing) deep within the muscle. So we stabbed Matt with huge temperature probes 3cm into his calf while I ultrasounded him (and played 300 Violin Orchestra to make it more intense).

Remember how my class tried to vote me president and I vetoed it, in favor of another kid who actually volunteered (poor sap)? Well this week, he told me that I'm the voice for the class and asked whether we should have an activity Friday or Saturday. All the power with none of the responsibility. Or meetings. I'm all about that life.


I missed the AT Club meeting (except for the last five minutes, which conveniently preceded the pizza and free shirts) due to class, but a classmate gave me the DL: email this guy and you can go to fun conferences in cool places paid for by BYU. I emailed the guy and it turns out that I accidentally applied for a district AT committee position thing that I still don't fully understand yet, but only one person from each college gets the position and I won. Weird.

I took my first real test (since I don't know if you count a 30-question multiple-choice test that my teacher gave out the answer for in advance and is open book). Chemistry: as my blog sidebar reads, I am trained quite well in this category. Especially open-ended questions. Cake.

Me, Matt, Clain
Me, Sarah, Lindsey













Laser Tag. Again. My roommates and some other friends made a last-minute decision to go to the sketchy down town arcade for a nice battle. My team, the Spiderpigs, won (thanks to some random kids-reigning US National Laser Tag Champions-who joined our team last minute). Holla.










Check Comic Con off the bucket list. I woke up early so Sarah could paint my face and then put contacts in without even messing it up.








I was Darth Mall, minus the double-sided red light saber. Derek was a ghost. Classic.
 I saw the cast from my favorite movie. As we were taking this picture, the waitress threw confetti in the air and said "Mazel tov".
I bought a t shirt of Admiral Ackbar in an admiral costume and won a free bookmark and $5 off a haunted house. 
 I went to a panel on how to make movies on a low budget and Derek went to a panel on Lost.
Shoutout to Cam, my templing buddy, who not only did a session with me, but also helped me acquire the required face paints.
 Then I had to wash my face paint off so I could go to women's conference with Emarie, Lyndsie, and Sarah. We had practically front row seats and then hung out with Mama Swenson and the cousins for dinner. Then I carried the kids around like footballs while we were looking for the parking garage.
 Let me tell you about my best friends: Lauren and Emarie. I love them a lot. They're ridiculous and crazy and wonderful and sometimes lie outlandishly. I would literally do anything for them. That's all.

And speaking of people I love, Tad R. Callister is speaking at a stake devotional tonight and I'm so excited. And I'm going to make movies with all my friends this week. La vie est belle.

1 comment:

  1. Derek went as a ghost to hide his shame over his sister out Comic-con-ing him.

    ReplyDelete