Monday, July 20, 2020

My Fish is Bigger than Your Fish

Roger and I had our own adventure planned as a final hurrah pre-clinicals starting (about which I am terrified). We rented a barndaminium (after which we will design a future house) on the Dolores River. 

Like Arby's but better. 
 We spent a day at Mesa Verde - a cultural national park that had a feeling of reverence to it unlike anywhere else. We visited what we could (#covid) and were in awe of the awesome cliff dwellings and people who created them. (We did almost die of heat, so we determined to visit the park in full when it re-opens and it’s cloudy). 

Cool stuff. 
Colette took us kayaking in the whitewater of the lower Animas (and gave us some tips for Flagstaff). It was awesome, but we’re gonna have to return to raft the upper Animas when the Silverton train is running again. I also met a guy who lived in France for 6 years, ate the best pizza, visited some shops, and bought 2 gallons of barbecue sauce. 

10/10 would do again. (On bigger rapids for longer times). 
Then I outfished Roger. We went to some nearby lakes and I took out my spin rod with a Panther Martin while he tried to flyfish (with zero success). I caught nine (9) fish - although I did massacre one and blind another. And I felt really bad because poor little Blindy kept swimming around the perimeter and bumping into rocks. 

Dead. 
We practiced some sweet dance moves and Roger made delicious things for dinner (plus watermelon) and had a great time. I dropped him back off at his parents’ house before visiting Hannah & Markies in their new home. ]

Ran into a good friend of ours. 
It’s a sweet setup. And I even had a bed to sleep on! Aurora likes me the best because I fed her half a pack of fruit snacks and watched Emperor’s New Groove with her. (Although she is currently going through a dramatic stage, so I refused to take her home). We watched Hamilton and read books and had a relaxingly good time. So relaxing that I left my BBQ sauce there. 
My bud. 
I enjoyed listening to the Time Machine on the way home and MOVING INTO THE HOUSE once I got there. It’s not nearly done. But it’s close enough that we can live there. We moved stuff all day (and are ALMOST done) and I put on doorknobs and prepped shelves and unpacked what few things I brought with me. 

Passed through Monticello on the way back.
(For the ice cream.)
I was almost mentally prepared to start clinicals, when I found out that it will no longer be possible for me to start on Monday. FML. 

No comments:

Post a Comment