Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Home (for my stuff only)

These "clinical experiences" take me back to my mission days, where the weeks are long and the days longer - but at the same time it feels like it passes so quickly because it's thoroughly enjoyable. I'm getting better at a lot of things and my CI pushes me to remember a lot more, and sometimes I realize that I actually am pretty good at this. I just have to get my brain out of the jello stage. But overall, we work well together and we're getting shiz done. 

Happy Valley
I worked one day this week and saw a beautiful part of town. The rest of the days I spent studying at Wildflower, a local restaurant with free wifi and no obligation to buy anything. It's hard to have energy to work out after ten hour days, but I'm working on that too. 

The best way to entertain kids is to lock them in a room with this. 
The apartment now has most of its stone exterior done and the carpets and driveway should be finished by now. And we may even be getting wifi at the house - so that'll make me feel a lot better about things because I'm running out of data. 

After work on Friday, I drove up to Flagstaff to help Roger move into the new apartment. We slept on our new mattress topper (that I bought at a garage sale last week, per his request) and I only got bit in two places by probably spiders. 

The view from our back porch. 
Saturday morning, Stu and Collin helped us take Ryan's trailer and truck to load everything up. I let them handle the couch and the freezer and the monster of a dresser (I also bought at a garage sale last week). And I took most of the little stuff and unpacked a lot of it. We also have a recliner (I got for FREE at a garage sale) that was well worth the price. 

In case you needed some evidence of my studies.
We went to dinner at Olive Garden, thanks (in part lol) to a gift card I had. And it was delicious. We talked to Grampy and made some good plans and I finished a paper for my CI. I was exhausted by 9, so I went to bed while the guys checked trail cams until 1am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment