Sunday, August 16, 2020

Is Gesso the Besto?

 Another week, another headache. And I mean that in the best possible way. My CI is challenging me in good ways at the clinic, I study and write papers for him at night, and then I watch additional conferences over the weekend. 

Me after moving 10 tons of rocks. 

The fun news of the week is that - the day before the final inspection - the inspectors decided to drop the bomb that our swales (trenches running from the drain pipe down into the mini canyon behind the house for water runoff) need to be lined with rocks in order to pass the final, own the house, and prevent erosion. So Brandt bought 10 tons of rocks on his way home from work and we spent the night loading the truck and unloading the rocks nicely into 2 100-ft swales running down a steep hillside behind the house. 

Pros and Cons.

The other fun thing of the week was painting. Neked Stu asked us to help with a project for his dad's birthday in October. So I've been gathering supplies and figuring ideas and Roger helped paint the background and I investigated the difference between water painting on a canvas with and without gesso. I know my preference. LMK yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment