Monday, August 24, 2020

Wright Place, Wrong Time

After another long week wherein I was learning much and my brain was not handling it well, I got a flu shot. And so the start of the day on Friday, I felt like I usually do at 4pm. But Roger came and picked me up, Subway in hand, and we were off to California. 

We arrived in LA around 10:30 and found a parking spot within a few blocks after about 10 minutes. Not bad. Shannon told me about Pavloving Violet into better sleeping habits and how she's going to be a hunchback forever since she never wants to do her PT exercises. (C'mon lady). We stayed up until Derek got home and had a brief and ridiculous chat (TBC in December) and promptly fell asleep (and didn't even notice Violet screaming). 

Watch out for sharks. 

At 5am, we left for Morro Bay (3.5h north) and Roger slept most of the journey. And then stayed in the car because he was scared we were at the wrong place. We chilled with Carson and his family and Joe changed my life with avocado/hot sauce bagels (thanks to Chase) and we had a good time. We went to the beach and found one million sand dollars. 

Eventually, we headed 45minutes away for the wedding at Taylor's grandparents' house on the golf course. I hung out all day while Roger took his suit coat on/off for photos. The wedding was short and personal and had enough funny moments. And too many tears. They stranded me again, leaving for pictures, and I avoided all political discussions by pretending to be asleep. Classic. 

The crew. I like these guys. #nojumpingtoetouches

They had an intermittent dance party and delicious tacos and cookies and cornhole. Joe insisted I play with him, which I warned him about, but I ended up scoring all six of our points. You're welcome. We left around 10 (because we lost the keys...) and had plenty of honey to go in hand. Quality gift choice. 

Me with some random guy. 

After a good night's sleep, I was still tired, but we headed onto the road, where I slept some more. I woke up mid crash in Bakersfield, CA. Everyone was ok (except Alex, my car). The other guys drove off, AAA picked up and is housing my car for free, and some guys from the ward helped use out for a bit, thanks to my mission companion, Abby Luthi's connection there. There were no rental cars, so we convinced the Wrights to reroute and grab us on their was back to AZ. Brandt picked me up, they dropped Roger in Flag, and we were home by midnight. Except the Wrights, who probably got in around 2, but God bless them. Good times, 0/10 would not recommend. 


Not too shabby. We aight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment