Monday, November 9, 2020

The Biggest Aspens

 OkAY let me tell you about my patient. But not in too much detail because HIPAA. He has Parkinson's and has had some very typical PD problems of freezing and falling and shuffling and difficulty sequencing and the like. And so we've been working on this for a while (and by that I mean 3 weeks) and we're at the point where he freezes and I tell him to do a very simple task and retry and he crushes it. For example, he can't figure out how to get out of bed. So I tell him to give himself a high-five and then get up. And it's suddenly so easy. This is magic. 

The house Roger prepared for us. 

Anyways. Those are the most exciting parts of my life. But I can't tell you about most of it because there's too much. It's like missionary life. The day goes fast but takes four years because so much is happening. And I'm really excited for some food and a break by the end. 


I need to be better at my "signature pose". 

The other good news of the week is that my car is registered. I was well prepared. And it only took like 20-ish minutes total, despite the worker's doubts that we could do it. So I drove the new puppy up to Flag for the weekend, with the thought that we'd drive back down Sunday together so Roger could take the other car. Which did not happen. Due to the snow. In Arizona. In November. Ugh. 

"What happens when you forget toilet paper."

In case you haven't heard, Roger's entire family and extended family are hooked on "Chuck" - which is my favorite show. You're welcome. It's wholesome, action-packed, and hilarious. But the star, Zach Levi, also stars in Shazam. So we watched it out. It sure is cheesy, but it's worth a watch. 

The biggest aspen of them all. 

One of my favorite things about Roger is that he loves to cook. And he's good at it. Which is why I let him fry up some pork chops in bacon grease. And to repay him, I made him some pizza and oreo balls. Or truffles. Whatever you want to call them. 

The aspens. 

We hiked up to the aspens to grab a trail cam before the snow hit. I missed the fall colors, but I just like the skinny white trees that are all packed so close together. And some fresh mountain air. 


Look, me having a good time. 


We spent time with Carol/Ryan and the children and missionaries and ate Zupa's soup with homemade rolls. Carol crushed us at dice with a 4,000+ point roll. Smushed us. 

The elusive big foot. 

And we painted. But I didn't get to finish, so I stole the whole box of paints to draw this up. Any guesses where this is?





No comments:

Post a Comment