Monday, September 20, 2021

A Week for the Books

Let's start with the disasters. Work - enough said. Staples - always costs more than I expect and never get exactly what I planned - until round 5. Contacts - repeat of the Staples commentary but add 5 months. 

Still working on the YW activities and we didn't have to teach Sunday School this week - although we did attend - but I did get to add in some commentary on sex, so that's always fun. (Send me your kids). We've got target practice coming up for our jousting tournament, and although it was a bit messy, we finally got a date nailed down for that. 

PHX.

Volleyball on Mondays may happen forever. It sounds like the city league is cancelled and I haven't heard about the Flagstaff Athletic Club league I'm a part of. Val lent me one of her balls (praise) and now we've got one to play with after mine disappeared and the missionaries took back their ball. 

Boxing is still happening and I learned a little more about roundhouse kicks with my L, which always hurts my shin on the heavy bags. My friend Taylor, the Grand Canyon tour guide, came back and I'm thinking of trying to be actual friends with her. Wish me luck.

My Etsy/YT/IG accounts are still going. I got my first poor review because one buyer couldn't read the study guides in the picture I posted - which is kind of the point, so you don't just screenshot the picture. But otherwise, it's going strong. Anyone who wants to do the friendly influencer part of this business is welcome to fill in. I'm just a content creator.

The ladies. (After tacos, obviously).

Saturday was a fun adventure with my friends Becca and Cenita. We had a great time at the temple in PHX doing sealings without any of our friends (or spouses) to accompany us - so we had the pleasure of seeing Doug Nelson. Yet another one of my old, bald friends. It was great to see him and catch up. But better to do so in the house of the Lord with my friends (and tacos to follow :). These are some wonderful ladies.

Sunday, Roger was able to smoke his turkey (the one that he shot) - after waking up to put it on the grill at 4am. We hauled it out to his parent's campsite and had a nice dinner and hangout there. I left my phone (which I found out when I tried to look up the Old Ladies in the Lavat'ry lyrics) and Amy was nice enough to bring it out to me. And then I went to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment