Sunday, June 26, 2022

Rodeo (Stadium-Style)

I've been getting back into the swing of things as I feel like my crazy is settling down. My hunger is back. The gym is going ok sans arms per my PT's temporary precautions. And I started a new series for my Etsy/YouTube gig that is going well. 

I had my second sewing class this week and I finished my shirt. It's not my favorite style or color, but I learned some things about sewing with knits and using my sewing machine that I appreciate. And since I finished early, the teacher agreed to help me with figuring out a special project.

Work is still a little dry, but we had a good discussion with our sales manager this week about everything that PT can (and does) provide that most of the doctors don't recognize, but our mutual patients have really appreciated. I also was able to complete my CPR recert using our online training and dummies provided. 

It was YW camp for all the girls 11-13 this week. They loved it. I was able to go the last day/night/day of the camp and they seemed to be having fun. They did some nice skits, Evan did a dance per request, and I helped out in a self-defense demonstration. Then the Stake YW Presidency did a super spiritual thought that led straight in to testimony meeting. I was so proud of all of our YW that shared testimonies (aka 100%).  And the experience overall was eye-opening to me in a lot of ways. 

I helped Rog prepare for camping, since he decided (against his will, apparently) to sleep in. We went shopping and packed in the rain and ate Chinese food. And he told me to stop reminding him about stuff he wanted to bring (which he then forgot to bring). And he did some of his school work just in time for our date. 

We went to the rodeo. It was actually really fun watching from this side of the arena. It's much more stressful, closer, and with a worse view from the medical tent. Although I did tell the AT that I would help him out for next year's rodeo. Best part by far is the Mutton Busting - where you just sign your small children up to ride on the back of bucking sheep for as long as they can. Hilarious. 

Uncle Sam helped us figure out a strange clunking noise that appeared after my recent tire rotation. (Suspicious, I know, but the tire shop ASSURED me it wasn't there fault. And it likely wasn't.) But it should be a pretty easy fix.

The weather is a little crazy with on and off rain storms with severe potential for flash flooding in the area of the most recent fire. So Roger spent most of the week helping friends and family prepare by stacking their yards with sand bags. 

And now he's halfway to Sandall hole, his happy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment