Monday, July 4, 2022

Sandall Hole '22

My last of 3 sewing classes was this week and since I'm a super skilled learner (aka I already knew how to use a ruler), I finished in only 2 classes. So instead, the teacher helped me pattern out a dress I'm hoping to make and I'm excited to see how it turns out. 

Our YW activity was postponed in favor of helping fill and tie sand bags to help people prepare for some crazy potential flooding with monsoon season post-fire. It was really good and they invited a nonmember friend to come help out and we got to meet some more nonmembers who were coming to pick up sand bags and tell them what we're about. And we got to have some fun physical labor together. 

Uncle Rog.

Work has been pretty light, so I offered to take Friday off without pay (so I could have another 4 day weekend without dipping into my PTO). That said, my Thursday turned into the busiest day of my life that I was somehow able to complete by 4 so the Grandma Sandall and I could drive up to Page for the night. We ate at a Meixcan restaurant and made plans with Roger and Hannah. 

Hannah met us at Dex's house with Aurora the next day and we headed up the mountain to Twelve Mile Flat. Roger met us there on a quad and he took Aurora for a ride as he led us "2-3 miles" (aka 9) to our campsite. We got unpacked and Aurora met the other kids, so we left her to go fishing. It was a moderately successful fly fishing experience with lots of potential snags and tons of ants and skeeters that were eating me (and only me) alive. 

Her first fishy.

Rog took Aurora fishing on the Windy, aka the Kid River, and she had mixed feelings. She loved reeling a fish in until it was out of the water, hated live, squirming fish being near her, and loved poking and playing with the dead ones after Roger thumped them. We dropped her back at camp and headed out for day 2 of stream fishing, this time with Old Faithful (aka my favorite lure) at North Fork on the quad. We were successful and caught some yummy fish to be fried and tinfoiled (because we like them both ways). 

Blue Lake

Sunday we hung out at camp and helped some people pack up and prepared taco salad lunch. Hannah played a few rounds of a game until everyone quit because Hutchins play where cheating is allowed ESPECIALLY if you never tell her the correct rules IN ADVANCE. Which is something they can't handle. Their loss. We went night fishing at Blue Lake and froze our noogies off, although Hannah did catch three "honkers". Then we almost threw up after Ryan drove us back to camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment