Sunday, July 17, 2022

The Aspens & Yardsales

This is week one of my new diet and training program. Now that I'm actually hungry again (thanks, probiotics among other things), it's a lot easier to figure out what my body wants to eat. And Roger has had some free time, so we were able to make some yummy food - wings and spaghetti and chef salad and apparently every single zucchini in the store. Looks like we're switching to squash and broccoli this week. 

Photoception. Of a sort, anyway.

I had a lot of fun things planned - boxing, sewing class, a boating trip. But unfortunately, they were all cancelled for various reasons, the least of which is monsoon season. Roger spent a whole week delivering sand bags to the humans in Doney Park and was refused by most people there. Who are living to regret that decision. Everyone with sandbags is ok. Everyone without is flooded. 

Instead of all those fun things, I did other fun things. I finished a couple books in my TBR pile (which is pretty small again). I worked on my own personal sewing project. I changed our auto insurance company so our price and coverage will both remain about the same. I worked on our new 'important documents' box in case we need to evacuate, it's ready. And Rog and I had some really good planning sessions. 

And I only whined once.

Saturday, we went yard saling. I ended up splurging $2 on a new camp stove and 2 books. #SpiritualGifts. Then Rog and I took some salt out into the aspens for some deer to enjoy and we had a nice chicken salad lunch and took some photos. It started raining on our way back. We picked up our new parks pass and enjoyed spaghetti a la Roger with some New Girl for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment