Sunday, July 10, 2022

Compromise

The Fourth of July was driving day for us. And let me tell you the Sandalls do not pack like the Hutchins. I feel like we have dedicated work time where we work hard and everyone is busy and has jobs and if you pause for too long, you'll get another job. Here, I felt like nobody needed my help until I wanted to leave since my car was ready. But I stayed for a bit and I made everyone French toast and then we left. 

We got Hannah and Aurora to Dex's house and even had a chat with the man himself before he went on a motorcycle ride with his kids. What a guy. Then we split and made it to Page for a quick dinner and potty break. I dropped Grandma off at her house and was home by 7. And Rog even picked up her forgotton walking stick, so all was well in the world. 

We found a swing in the woods. 

I went to my first in a new series of sewing classes. This is where I learn to make pants. Let me tell you the first trial is booty, so I'm glad we've got some more class time to make it better. But it is fun working on a project and adjusting it how I want - and learning how to do THAT better. 

Otherwise, I had a CRAZY work schedule including a fall clinic at the Peaks and at least one start of care every day. The good news is that our marketing from last week seems to be kicking in. A little too well. 

Roger found a package at work that wasn't able to be delivered and it was meant for a friend of mine. So I made some calls and he said he already got a notice saying it was damaged in the mail and counted it a loss, so we could take whatever we wanted. Aka a freezer full of packaged deer meat. 

Matching.

I had a great Oly class on Saturday with a sub - aka Brian, the owner of the gym, who is also a PT. We had a really good discussion and he helped me figure out some things. Then Rog and I went hiking and I was a little cranky and really low on blood sugar, but made it out thanks to some quick glucose Ragnar snacks. Then we restocked at the oil store (and got a free bottle!) with a new cilantro flavor to try and a new hunting buddy for Rog. And we made homemade pizza and watched The Princess on Hulu - a new film about a warrior princess. It had potential, but was cheesier than expected, and we knew we were in trouble when it was halfway through and she hadn't even escaped the tower yet. 

Today is our anniversary. We've got some good things planned. Like teaching Roger how to say "Gloucester". And producing our new song: Compromise, which Roger said he hoped would never end. 

Roger shot this off our porch at 140 yards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment