Sunday, March 5, 2023

NWTF Banquet & Snow

We had yet another storm - with 2-3 feet in about a day. That makes work harder to do, but I'm appreciative of our new boss that is very understanding and doesn't pressure us to go out if it's not safe. I'm also appreciative of Jade, the other PT, who has been training me on changing a wound vac with a very patient patient. 

VB was cancelled, my continuing ed on wound care was cancelled, and so was our YW activity. I cancelled boxing on myself after some food poisoning - BUT I still made it to basketball with Becky and Megan in tow, both of whom requested some private lessons so they do better next time. 

Rog went running for the first time as Ragnar prep and made it 2 miles. I finished my 8-week training program with a few PRs. As I'm fixing all my hormones and slowly starting to feel normally energized and motivated to eat, I'm slowly turning my diet into large snacks every 2 hours to maximize my protein usage. 

I also finished a series of like 13 YT videos with Etsy study guides for my side hustle. It takes me a while to research and get up the motivation to film them, but the editing is pretty quick and rudimentary and now I've got videos posting every week through the middle of May. For all my aspiring PT followers. 

The other highlight of the week was attending the NWTF banquet - my favorite gambling where all proceeds go to local wildlife conservation, this time specifically to turkeys. We sat with Rex, Dorothy, and Guy (who was hilarious) and later found out Rex is the auctioneer. We played some games and put in some raffle tickets hung out with Mike and Susan's family during the presentation. They are a hoot. We went home with a knife, a cup, and a new hat (not quite the haul we wanted, but it's all good) and we had a fun time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment