Tuesday, April 18, 2023

birthday week of fun #30

 After a weekend in Phoenix, where I used copious amounts of sunscreen (to which I am apparently still allergic), the next few days were a suffer. I was itchy and half-burnt and apparently susceptible enough to Flagstaff springtime to have real allergies too. I knocked back a few of Rog's pills and felt a bit better, but I was glad we cancelled VB and spent most of the week sleeping extra. I was, however, recovered enough to do some damage at basketball on Friday.

Rog bought a new truck! It's a white 2004 Ford F150 Lariat and it was in our price range, even with the work we needed to do on it. So we got that done and took it on a test drive to go camping for my birthday month of fun. We went about thirty minutes into the wilderness, found a road shed, and set up the back of the truck as our tent. Rog made us delicious tinfoil dinners and garlic bread and brownies. And we had leftovers. 

We slept pretty well, although it was a little chilly with the wind. We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast and went on a 4 mile birthday hike (per my request, with elevation changes to help us prep for Ragnar) and  I wasn't even whiny. (thanks hormones:) We drove back home and unpacked real quick (and ate those leftovers). Then we went shopping so I could pick out a new pair of boots and a couple books, courtesy of Rog. 

We snacked on wings and Powerade while we killed time before watching the new Dungeons and Dragons movie. It's funny and worth seeing and Rog liked it way more than I thought he would. Very good G-rated humor and plenty of outlandish adventure. Also we caught a mouse in my car. HBD to me. 

After getting home, we showered and I took out the braids mom put in my hair last week. And we prepped our talks. Per usual, my goal was to keep people awake and trick them into hearing some doctrine. Rog and I kept them laughing enough that they paid attention and even mentioned some points in Sunday School, which I think was a win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment