Sunday, April 23, 2023

PHX FUN

I lifted played some sports (including boxing and volleyball), ran a bunch of miles, and basically ended up with 2-a-days Monday through Thursday. So I missed my workouts Friday in favor of sleeping in and then a three-hour-nap. Yeesh. 

Our division at work won the spirit award for taking a pic with sports shirts and mustaches during March Madness and they asked where we wanted lunch from. I immediately said Texas Roadhouse (as one does), and then nobody else said anything because it was a great suggestion. Can't wait for free steaks. 

First attempt at frenching a fishtail.

I also had to do a fall screen at an assisted living facility to help our marketing department. They set me up and left me in the dust, meanwhile the Peaks partner also forgot to advertise it. It was not a great use of my time. 

The fun part was that right before this started, I had a really bad nosebleed, so I put a tampon up under my mask and did the whole fall screen for two hours without anyone noticing. I've done this a few times with great success, however this time it got stuck - glued to my nostril by my traitorous, scabby epithelium. It hurt real bad until I could get home, take a warm shower to loosen it up, and get it out. 

Peep the booties. 

Saturday was our youth fundraiser (planned solely by the YWP since she wouldn't let anyone else help). We all met up at 8am, then split up to rake pine needles at different yards that signed up. Frankly, nobody in the West has the Hutchins work ethic, even the adults. I raked for four hours before I had to leave with my Camelpack so I didn't need to stop for water. Classic Hutchins. 

Rog's new favorite hats. 

Rog and I drove down to Phoenix for the annual Mule Deer Foundation Banquet with our friends. We didn't win anything this year, but Rog did get some new hats, which he is really excited about. The prizes were super cool this year, but the auctioning was less cool to listen to since people weren't fighting as much as last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment