Sunday, February 11, 2024

Snow Days

Volleyball was a blast again - with a good variety of skill and ages. Hit up the gym a bit myself and Rog is *trying* to get a membership with his coworker at a 24h gym (but you have to meet up with the owner to sign up) because he does better with a buddy to workout with. We'll see when it happens. Not January. 

The food highlights of the week were Joy's green chili pork, homemade burrito supremes, and lots of breakfast foods. I also learned how to make my own frosted lemonade (spoiler alert - it is 90% ice cream). No complaints. I've slowly been compiling recipes I use a lot and like onto a google slides so I have easy access to them. 

We had a really nice 3-day snowstorm this week and my boss actually cancelled work for us on Wednesday (which is a nice change from stressing about it on my own). I saw 1 person on Thursday and 2 on Friday afternoon - one of which was sent to the ER for having a blood sugar over 600. She was still lucid when she got in the ambulance, but crazy. 

So cute. 

Rog and I painted our own camo shirts together for a date night on Friday. Mine isn't done, but I was tired so I fell asleep. Roger's looks really good and mine is what it is. Show you when it's done. Probably. 

I read a lot of books this week. Holly Black's first adult novel, The False Prince (that I found for cheap at Goodwill), and the Fablehaven series that I got for $15 total. Most of those are rereads, but goodies from childhood. 

Stinky pigs. 

Roger had one day to go hunt a javelina with his bro. Ryan took them down to Sedona area and they happened to find 2 javelina (think R.O.U.S.) walking opposite directions that they shot at the same time. Cute. After cleaning those stinky things and getting 6 inches of usable backstraps off them, Roger has sworn off that kind of pig hunting (we'll see).  Then he made me go to Carol's house because he wanted to hang out with me but also them. I was only a little cranky about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment