Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week Six: I'm Off to See the Wizard


     Only two days left at the MTC and what crazy days they will be! We have class today in between P day activities, so I just have to squeeze everything in. Tomorrow, of course, is the Missionary Broadcast, so we've got a crazy day planned out. I'll try to sit in the middle-ish next to the aisle. 
Here are my fun moments of the week: We went to the temple last Monday for the last time and when we came out of the session, Sister Huckstep passed me going down the stairs. Even in the temple, my competitive nature comes out. But before I put on my Speedy Gonzalez hat, I said to her, "You're really racing me? In the temple?" She said, "Yeah. And I'm winning, too!" Merci, Catherine.
     Wednesday I hosted new missionaries again, and of course the first girl I hosted, something goes wrong. Every. Single. Week. She came to the wrong campus, so I had to wait with her for the shuttle for thirty minutes. Il est bien. I went to In-Field Training this week. It is not as fun as people tell you. We sat all day and missed gym and only got fed a small salad in the 9 hours we were there. I did get some value out of it. Like I met Elder Christensen, from the District. And there was a Frenchman there who served in Lyon with my teacher, Frere Smith. When he introduced himself, he just said his name, he's from Paris, and Frenchmen don't actually laugh like: [Que (sp??) French laugh and mustache twirl here]. Later he said, "I know French people only shower once a month, but, don't worry, I showered today." Funny guy. I also learned the importance of referrals. Aka, very. 
We spent a lot of Friday focusing on how to teach the First Vision I, (First Vision II) since that's such an important lesson. It was the first time I actually enjoyed Zone Teach too. Il tombe! Later, we practiced teaching the First Vision again to Elders Lago and Herring. I did okay but I think Sister Swenson might have been out of it. At various points, she copied exactly what I said, announced we are prophets, and told them we all get visions like Joseph Smith for our answers. Yikes. 
I have also spent the time between 9:30 and 10:00 of the last few weeks preparing a poem of inside jokes for our district that was read several times yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed each time. For our last gym time, the Elders all had to set up chairs and tables because we are moving things around for Sunday. To all the General Authorities reading this, be aware, the MTC does NOT normally look like this. It's all a show for you. But I'd be surprised if you didn't know that. Anyhow, we did play a game of badminton and a game of volleyball. A good day, all in all. 
My favorite part of the week, however, is having interviews with my teachers. I love learning from the experiences and taking their insights. It's just so good. I joked around with them beforehand that we would need a long time to discuss my many problems, but we took fairly long just because I feel like I have so much to learn from them. Frere Smith and Soeur Judd are the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment