Monday, May 19, 2014

Steve Jobs was a Prophet

French fact: Nice is beautiful. I'm going there June 10 to listen to Neil L himself. That's all.

As per usual, it was a good week. Tuesday we finished our exchange with Limoges' Soeur Christensen and Pagano. I took Soeur Christensen out to eat at Halala Fried Chicken. It was delicious and cheap. Gotta love Arabian immigrants. After they left that night, we did the second full blown lice check up on Soeur Hulme. She's free of the poux. It did give me another excuse to make rootbeer and mashed potatoes and watch the Testaments. Party all night long. Just kidding. It only took 2.5 hours. 

Wednesday we taught Falabalda who is checking with his Muslim family for permission to keep being taught. Then we visited with Maylis, a recent convert, who was significantly nicer this time around. We kind of just help her connect the dots. By the way this whole thing is on exchange with Soeur Magleby of Tarbes. There's a guy in our ward list and there's a note next to his name that says 'J.A. with a barbe'. So that's all we knew and I kept mentioning him all transfer because he sounds awesome. I told Soeur Hulme I was planning on visiting him on our exchange and she said HE DOESN'T EXIST! Well, good news is that he does exist and he's planning on coming to church. We also planned to visit Caroline, who lived around there, but we did some porting first and found another member next door who was struggling. She cried like thirty seconds into our unplanned meeting. So I guess that was good. We helped her out then met with Caroline and her BFF Eglentine (via Skype). 

Thursday was a bad day for everyone. And by that I mean it was my one year mark. That being said, it was decent. We had a great District Meeting all about the BOM. We ate the biggest fajitas you've ever seen. Then I got to go on exchanges with my favorite person, Soeur Jones. The problem is that exchanges with her are so good that it's almost disappointing to go back to normal companions, even when our comps are great. The Eysings sector is really struggling because the ward is falling apart, but also none of their amis have stuck. For the last few transfers at least, all they do is find find find with no results. But with Soeur Jones and I, we love it. We literally just contacted for 24 hours. We're funny, other people are funny, and it's awesome. We also made Tartiflette and watched the Testaments. I can quote you any Kohor line. I am a man of no small reputation.

Quotes of the day: Me-What would you do if Moses was standing right there? Guy-I'd tell him to get out of the way so he didn't get hit by the tram! Number 2: Soeur Jones-Well, do you think it's possible that God could call a prophet in our day? Guy-Yeah, Steve Jobs was a prophet. 

He was so close. We finished our exchange over pastries. Best reflection I've ever had. Then Soeur Hulme and I visited the Cadeau family and got to partake in a snack of garden-fresh strawberries. Yum. You don't see a snack like that every dynasty. 

Saturday, we helped Agens out with their baptism at our chapel. It stressed me out because they didn't even think of asking anyone to baptize their ami until 5 minutes beforehand. Poor planning. We weekly planned and visited Soeur Lerbscher, a sister who's husband joined the church, they were sealed a year later, and he passed away the next month after he baptized their son. She wanted to feed us. Boy, did she feed us. Let's just say, I felt rather like that blueberry girl in Willy Wonka, the original. The Oompa Loompas had to roll me outta there. 

Sunday was awesome because our ami Alain finally came to church. He's one ami with which we've been really creative in our lessons and we've really been able to see progress. It's awesome. We also had a random guy we met in Bordeaux, Vincent Winston Churchill, from India, come to church. That's always fun. Then we went to Soeur Lande's house. She's one of those members that has the reputation of being hard to meet with. But in reality, she's not. It's a lot easier than people think sometimes. Like saying, hey we want to meet with you, when are you free? Cake. Anyways, turns out she's really cool. Also her husband went ward hopping for wife hunting and that's how they met. Weird. 

In other news it's stinking hot here. I'm already significantly more tan than last week, so I figure I'll be black soon. Or have skin cancer. I keep telling Soeur Hulme to put on sun screen because she really will get skin cancer, but she won't listen. Also, I mostly got all the greasy lice shampoo out of my bangs. So that's good. Bordeaux is fun. 



 









No comments:

Post a Comment