Monday, May 5, 2014

Enthousiasm

Boy are you lucky today. I put some real deliberate thought into these French facts today and I came up with a plethora. First, French people spit when they talk. Then they don't apologize or even mention it. So if I spit on your face on accident while we're talking and don't say sorry, don't be offended; it's my culture. Second, French people have a very different idea of activities. They want food separate from all other things. So for our game night, we had two hours of eating before games were allowed to be played. Third, all the trash bags have little strings on the bottom. You're supposed to rip them off and use them to tie the bag shut. In theory, a nice thought. In practice, well...not a fan. 

We had a sweet FHE with the Lancelot family. They are the cutest and I love that the dad is so involved with the kids. It's adorable. And they have two wonderful little girls and another baby boy. Let's just say I've never played so many games of Cache-Cache (Hide and Seek) in my life. Or had kids that actually want you to find them asap. We ate tacos and cheesecake. Yeah, she served her mission in Vegas. Soeur Lancelot knows what's up. It rained all week. I did my legality. Gross. What a daunting sign. But, because we had to do that in the morning, we weren't going to have the chance to role play our lesson in comp study before we had it. So we asked a guy on the tram if we could practice it on him. He talked to us about it for maybe forty minutes. Creativity. 

At our ward game night, everyone brought fruit salad and ate it all over a two hour period, as mentioned. Meanwhile, I got me some creds with all the kids by playing pass. And some more Cache-Cache. Got me some creds with some friends of the Picards with my American missionary charm. Normally, I would never want to socialize at these functions, but I feel like I kind of have to as a missionary. Anyhow, I met a pro hypnotist, a psychoanalysist, and an engineering student. And they wanted me to play the French equivelant of Mafia with them. Too bad by the time everyone actually got to the game part, it was time for us to leave. Tant pis. 

Soeur Beeny and I had a nice exchange where we helped people move, talked to a member about her mission, and had the best lesson with Alain. He finally understands the Atonement in a personal way and the rest of the simple gospel has been cleared up for him. It's wonderful to see things click for people. Then, Soeur Hall and I practiced our teaching with Soeur Grattepanche. We had a lesson zero with Falabalda that went well. We even got a member when he changed the time on us thirty minutes in advance. That night we found out our RS President bailed on our meal for Zone Conference the following day. We were in charge of the dessert part of it, so we stole all the pans we could from the church and made some banana bars. We ever went porting for some pans because we still didn't have enough. 

President Roney taught us about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Something I have been very much aware of, but it was a lovely Zone Conference. We also talked about a new and improved way to do some member work. I am psyched. PSYCHED. Then, I felt inspired to try this tactic with the Magrés, the family we visited a week ago, notorious for never having missionaries over. I almost hyperventilated when I called them. I don't know why I was so nervous. Probably because it was so important. Oh, apparently in our building, there are a lot of creepsters that just come in whenever there are people there. Then they like to argue with us about our doctrine. I was obviously the one chosen to kick one of these guys out when he tried to come to Zone Conference and a baptism. Apparently he's not very nice. Put 'bouncer' on my resumé. It's been a wonderful week with many miracles yet to come. Life is great! Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment