Sunday, February 22, 2015

Naomi Hutchins Wears Real Clothes. Again.

I love Sundays. They always make me so happy and just refresh me for life. This week, church happened to be particularly excellent. The talks were all great. Sunday school was interesting. And the entire EQ said I should just stay for PH! (I didn't, but I really wanted to and even the bishopric welcomed me with open arms). The family skyped-but most of my roommates missed it. Which is a bummer because they keep saying that meeting my family will explain some things about me. They're probably right:
Ward Prayer turned out well this week. The apartment introduced themselves as if they were a basketball team and it was pretty funny. We got invited to probably 3 or 4 game nights, but got all the good people to come over to our place. Canute narrated a fantastic game of
sun-church was really good, skyped the fam for 2 hours-explains things about me, ward choir/prayer, games werewolf.
Bridal Veils

We nominated the Little Girl as our Village Leader (or tie-breaker) and she was the first to go,     found at my bedside. The villagers voted to kill the witch (who has the power to kill once and save once). Unfortunately, her lover also voted her off and then killed themselves in a fit of grief. Her lover was a werewolf, and apparently a very confused one. The next night, the seer finds out who the remaining werewolf is and is immediately killed. The villagers vote to kill Cupid as well. All that remain are the werewolf and the hunter. The werewolf kills the hunter, but the hunter manages to get off his last shot and the werewolf is also dead. All that remains in the charming village of Kuzcotopia is bloody carnage. 

Monday was a holiday! Emarie Swenson provided crepes at her house and we had a contest between the Tahitian Elder Taua and French Elder Carre to see who could name the most US Presidents in honor of the day. Carre won. Emarie and I 'hiked' Bridal Veil Falls with the guys we met at a dance Friday. Pictures to come. And I went to FHE because they played volleyball. It's the worst when they trick you into coming by doing an activity that you enjoy.
Tuesday my roommates thought I was dead. I went to school. I worked. I studied. I went to Hannibal's house for some Taco Salad and pleasant conversation. I took (and did very badly on) my Physics test (only to find out that the rest of the class did equally poorly). I had a sweet basketball game where I kind of remembered how to play. And I made myself a root beer float with sprinkles ice cream. The middle days of the week were full of classes and studying. Nothing much to report there besides my decreasing attention span for such trivialities as studying.
Layton & Fox (& Kunzler)
Friday I got to hang out with the Athletic Trainers at Pleasant Grove High School. The athletes have it made there. Every other day, their last period class is "basketball" where they start practice early and watch film and stuff. And their training room is legit. Some of the kids took an ice bath after practice while watching She's the Man. The only bad thing is that they also have advanced torture equipment-and by that I mean long pieces of wood covered in carpet that they have to push up and down the court when they do something bad. Yikes.

The French (Belge) man himself!
Emarie and I studied French and ate In N Out. We lost our water polo game and are essentially guaranteed a spot in the Lower Division (we hope!). And Lauren and I crushed Ho'o and Mandy in a game of Hand and Foot, which I actually really enjoyed. Emarie, Abby, and I made it to the temple to do dealings for some of Abby's family Saturday morning and got to help out a bunch of French people as well. I passed around a volleyball with my roommates for a while. Then my roomm
ates had a date in my apartment (which I did NOT want to be a part of). And it was only awkward when I got really hungry and had to get food. And when I had to leave my apartment and every person started talking to me in the .2 seconds it took to get to the door. Sounds like they had fun though, so that's good. I went to a French party with Mallory Layton and anyone else you can think of. Emal made an appearance. Magleby even drove down from Salt Lake. Kevin Foote and I had an awkward conversation about how we both know Sam, on the men's basketball team. Caroline, Jordan, and Abby were all there. Gruber tried to hug me. Dean tried to fight me. Taua tried to box me out. I photobombed every single picture taken. All in all, good times. I love the France Lyon Mission. It's the best.

Robison, Magleby, Hutchins, Jones, Layton, Deweese, Gardner, Carter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment