Sunday, March 1, 2015

"A Gentleman Caller, Hooray!"

Yes, that is a quote from Easy A. Yes, I did go on a date this week. Yes, it was weird and terrifying at the same time. But I'll get to that.
Last Sunday, I sang in the ward choir during Sacrament meeting and there's this one part in the song where only the men sing. And sometimes I get bored and don't know what to do, so I just sing with them. Afterwards, Isaac, my ward prayer co-chair, pulled me aside and said, I thought you sang great. Don't be embarrassed if you sing with the boys. Have you ever seen Pitch Perfect? Ok. I don't actually sing that low, which is why I sing super quiet. I like him though. He's really getting into ward prayer now that he has a co that will actually work with him (me). He came over to my apartment yelling like a Mexican and wearing a sombrero and poncho, nice note box in hand. His Mexican laugh is way louder than any vuvuzela. We had too many people at Game Night again. Everyone invited people and those people invited people. Including Zoram Dean, Bryson Moeller, and Matt Behling. One of whom wants to set me up with a guy who'd be perfect for me, after I get out of my missionary phase. Hm.
Monday my boss paid me two awesome cards ($2 free food each) to stay for an extra hour at work. Then kept paying me more because I'm awesome all the time. Mondays are my favorite days of work because I get to work with Caitlyn Roth (sister of Aaron, who used to be one of my best friends) and then Jacob (who is from Switzerland, which is close enough to France, and has excellent taste in music). Jacob was particularly ornery because we had nonstop orders of the same burger and he was getting tired of making it. He decreed that anyone who ordered another would be shot on sight. I studied at the library for once in my life and got home pretty late. Everyday I get home and my roommates are like, Where have you been? We thought you died! They'll figure it out eventually.
I took 2 tests this week. (I have 2 tests every week for the rest of the semester). One was Microbiology, which went super well. I love all things biology. Also all tests that include an essay section. Multiple choice bores me. And I took my French test, which felt good, but I never know with that one. I did have some extra time before my next class, so I took a break and ate a snack and kept trucking on that one. Jesse and I found out our friend Koa is a physics ace, so he came over and helped with our homework. All in all, things seemed extremely manageable this week.
Ben's to my right.
I got to hang out with BYU Men's volleyball and Provo High's soccer teams this week for my AT shadowing hours. Neither of which I liked quite as much as the Men's Basketball team. (Which is funny, because the other trainers say that the basketball team ignores them...) My finance teacher is having all the 'H's sit in the front this week so that he can get to know us better. I accidentally wore my neon construction t shirt and I thought for sure that he would call on me. But, it actually had quite the opposite effect. I think I really threw him off. My non-boss (that thinks she's my boss) at work threw away my ice cream. I went to a Glenwoods reunion for ten minutes and it was kind of weird and tea party-esque. I chilled with Hunter and Tanner for a bit and they fed me nachos and apple pie and refused to give me their pull up bar. I had an interview for the Y Serve videographer and everyone in the office started watching our Ward Prayer video. (I'm hoping it'll go viral, but we'll see.)
I told that one old guy that I would replace him when he dies.
Then I went on a date. Ben's in my ward and my AT taping lab and one of my six original friends. He's got like 8 siblings, all of whom live around here and love this group called the King's Singers. (They own all the CDs and go to all the shows.) And that's who we went to see on a group date with all of their family + dates. Cute. They were actually really entertaining. Afterwards, we tried to get pictures with as many of them as possible. And then we ate ice cream. It was fun. But I still feel like a missionary. I got home and stood there for a second and all of my roommates just laughed at me.
Saturday Lauren and I chilled all day. Doing my HW, and shopping, and filming videos for our future children (or birthdays). I went to a Spirit Animal Dance party for Myles' birthday. Then my roommates told me we had Saturday church, so I had to get dressed real fast and post this picture on Facebook:
Ok. Who wants to drive these attractive women to church tonight?

3 comments:

  1. Hunter told me he invited you to his bromance night. Thanks for going. They love hanging with the cuz

    ReplyDelete
  2. First comment: don't leave the missionary phase. Make people appreciate you for the current phase in which you reside. (really: don't ever leave it)
    Also: At first go-round I thought you said my "fiance teacher" instead of finance teacher, at which point I thought "wow."
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Jen, I made the same mistake reading finance!

    ReplyDelete