Sunday, March 15, 2015

Muffed It.


I got to see Miken, Husband, and Brittney this week. Old friends reunited once again. Gave me flashbacks to the times I used to play church ball while eating a banana and wearing a puff painted wolf t-shirt for a different ward.
Remember that movie my roommates made for ward prayer? Well, there’s going to be a part II. Coming soon to a theater near you.  Just like indoor plumbing—it’s gonna be big. (Our bishop even agreed to a cameo.)
After a long day of school, work, and testing center on Wednesday, I stopped by the French Club’s fair where various francophone provinces were represented by knowledgeable people and food. I had some really delicious éclairs and learned some of Mali’s native language.
Thursday included a trip to the doctors. Just for a physical, but my roommates filled their morning by recounting a multitude of terrible doctor experiences. But the guy was chill and I got some candy out of it, as well as a significant portion of my AT application completed. And after watching the track practice Friday, all my hours are done! After school, I ran over to our soccer game. During which I kicked the ball three times and realized how bad I am at soccer. Our team is impressive. Afterwards I got to help Sam, my visiting teachee prepare to fly to California to go through the temple. 
Pi Pie Pie. (The second one's pizza).
Friday I brought my French paper in to the writing lab and got it destroyed. I also got my French test back, on which I was, surprisingly, not destroyed. I did mention that we should be able to get back points for witty comments, to which my professor wholeheartedly agreed. Too bad he doesn’t grade the test. He would have understood my definition for cash drawer: place to look in a store if you are a robber. Luckily, he did grade the essays, so my snide comments were appreciated there. Sarah Whitcomb got her mission call to San Diego, California. 
Derek, Naomi, Hannah, Michaela, Brooklyn, Avery, Cormac...and more
Mom flew out this weekend. It’s funny being together with her, Derek, and Hannah. We think the same jokes and so we were jinxing each other left and right all weekend (and being generally loud and obnoxious).  We tried to reign it in, but you can only dam it up for so long. Saturday we went to the Ogden temple together while the rest of the family went to the Airforce Museum down the road. Grannie B made a delicious raspberry salad to add to our pizza pies and normal pies and physics. Pi Day. All day.  Followed by a pig pile (oldest to youngest, not heaviest to lightest) and Derek and I were crushed as soon as Hannah got on. We already couldn’t breathe and at one point I thought Derek might actually be dead. One cracked rib and several crushed lungs later, we left Grannie B’s house, bringing the chaos with us. Now if we can just get Derek to finish school before he drops out, grows a beard, and moves to California, we'll call it good.
Sitting on Papa Bear's lap. Just like the good old days. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to my mission call opening on Friday!! You're the best!!! :)

    ReplyDelete