Sunday, March 22, 2015

Highly Recommended

All of last week was spent studying for my tests this week. I took Physics on Monday. It could have gone better. Microbiology and Finance both went surprisingly well. After turning in applications for Peer Mentoring, Athletic Training, and Y-Serve Videographer, I am taking a mental break before hitting the grinds again. The most stressful part of the applications was getting all the documents ready. But everyone was really helpful. Chris made his own box labeled "Most Highly Recommended" because apparently "Highly Recommend" wasn't high enough; Darryl whipped out his LOR in a day; and the secretary at Y-Serve personally called me as soon as the videography position was officially posted and asked me to send her my resume.
Monday night, I skipped FHE and a group date to have my own FOE (Family OUT Evening) with my mother, my brother, and my best friend. At Cafe Rio. Tuesday night was the big water polo game and we came to play, winning by 30. Wednesday I visited the Microbiology Career Symposium during my work break. I got an easy 20 points extra credit, a cookie, and I ran into the Family Carter for a few minutes before going back to work. And came out of it with tickets to BYU's Winter's Tale. So Thursday was spent watching my old mission companion play the accordion and enjoying some Shakespeare.
I also got a free Chic-Fil-A meal on Thursday for going to BYUSA at the right time. Thank you, Koa, for the heads up text. As we were separating to our classes, yelling our last funny remarks, a delightful random guy joined in. He was so nice I almost gave him my food. Almost.
And Friday. My first relaxing Friday in a long time. Dr. Lee, my French prof, said I could hang with his wife who does set designing for a living. I walked all the way to the DMV only to find out that the DMV in each town only has one function. I need to go to Orem. We had a soccer game that we lost. And our goalie and best player are both out for the rest of the season, so we're done pretty much. Then Lauren and I slaughtered at Hand & Foot. Per usual. We are the best team. And I'm glad Lauren Rigby gave up such a tempting offer as David Monson to join us. Quote of the evening:
Lauren: Most men get fat after they get married. Roommate: It's because they actually eat now that they have wives to make them food! Me: Well my husband's gonna be real skinny. Welcome to Cereal Land, sucka.
82 and the Whisk's Assassin
Coming Soon 
Saturday I slept in real late. And by that I mean 9am. I did some HW and went to the temple with Cam. We also enjoyed In and Out and he promised to help me technify some hymns sometime. Slowly, I am accomplishing my life goals. If only they weren't so varied. It was enjoyable. As was the lemon pie that I ate for dessert (thanks mom.) Then we invited over some friends and started filming. Haunting in 82, part 2 (a.k.a. 82 and the Whisk's Assassin) is in progress. Eager as always to work on a project, I've already edited what I could.
Rounded the night off by heading to the Ward Talent Show. And there was some real talent. My favorite acts came at the end of the night. The first was a skit about a couple getting ready for and going on a date. But the head/arms/feet were all played by different people and it was a beautiful mess. The second was Daniel Rellaford impersonating singers such as Frank Sinatra, Brittney Spears, David Bowie, Nickelback, Elvis, and more while singing crowd-chosen Disney songs. It was a hit.
Suicide Rant: I don't get why people take their own life. I mean, just go to any hotel, Holiday Inn has a whole distributor for Life. And just because you see other people enjoying Life, doesn't mean you can't. There's plenty of Life to go around. And if you're feeling low, just find a nice woman to fill up your Life. I like to put my bowl of Life in the middle of the table. I mean, who wants Life on the edge? -Tony

2 comments:

  1. Slowly, I am digesting your blog post. If only it weren't so varied.
    tip: don't quote Tony too often; at least until you check his credentials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. C'est ma vie quoi. Tony is a friend in the ward who doubles as a stand-up comedian for HumorU. He did a whole monologue about Life cereal and called it his suicide rant for the talent show.

    ReplyDelete