Sunday, June 14, 2015

#righteous

Back when I was trying not to make any new friends at BYU, there was a guy who came up to me one Sunday and said, Hey, I saw you at the temple on Friday. I guess I fist-bumped him, said Yeah, righteous! and walked away. We ended up becoming friends later and he reminded me of that and I laughed so hard. But after going to stake temple day last week and stake conference this week, I ended up doing that same thing to a lot of people. Shoutout out to this guy, Hunter. I left work early and got back late and didn't even get any steak, but I'd do it again. Thanks for sharing your temple experience with me among other things (intramural championship, awkward game night where people still think we're dating...). Love you, cuz.
Photo cred to Sister Bach. 
Since this week was Stake Conference, El Presidente decided to skip work on Thursday to prepare. He said it was because he didn't have meetings on Thursday, I say it was because our workout class had a bootcamp day scheduled. So I put on his man pants and did at least four thousand pushups by myself. 
He did also go to lunch with Aaron for his birthday. Joyeux anniversaire, my French uncle. And speaking of French, ever since I found out Alex, a guy on my floor, is French, I've been speaking to myself more and more often in French. I went to the temple in French. I listened to all my French music. I even wrote a bunch of French friends. I have yet to ambush him, but I've been pretty busy changing the face of Pfizer as we know it.
Saw this driving up to Boston. Classic. 
First of all, lunch conversation is improving. We talked all about basketball and athletes at least one day this week and I was the genius on the matter. Apparently none of the other interns play sports, which is a real shame. Andy plays sports, but he also laughed when I said the Emperor's New Groove was my favorite movie. And Bruce, my boss, had never seen it, so I lent him our VHS version so he can be properly enlightened. John, another colleague, is apparently obsessed with fluff, and found out another intern had never had a proper fluffernutter. I convinced him to change that by bringing the fixings into work one day: Marshmallow fluff, Skippy crunchy PB, and wonder bread. On top of all that, I got two people to yell greetings to me down the hall. Queue energy increase. 
You kidding me? This is hand-
carved mahogany! -Kronk
Having lunch with newspaper-reading old guys does teach me some stuff though. For example, did you know that Saturday was CT's Open House day? Hm. Nor did I, despite having lived here for twenty years. One celebrates this illustrious holiday by visiting museums and businesses with discounts. The Chocolate Train was the number one hit on our list, but it was a little too far away from the other stuff we wanted to do, so we're saving that for later. Turns out that was a good decision, because during our adventuring, we found out about a whole chocolate trail up in that area. Welcome to my summer. Hannah said she at least wanted to visit a mansion, so I made sure we stopped at Laurelton Hall. No secret passages, but plenty of secret passages, tiny closets, and window seats. We also ate at an Athenian restaurant, did some seriously discounted shopping, got ice cream, and went into PetCo without buying any pets. Then I went to Stake Conference: Adult Version with my parents. Turned out to be a bad decision because then they ruined my life by making me wait two hours after the meeting so I could finally go to bed. Scoo me, my bed time is at 9pm. Handle it. 

Thar she blows-Laurelton Hall. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Naomi! I'll seriously appreciate you going to the temple with me for eternity, it means the world to me, especially since my mom couldn't. Keep rocking the world!

    ReplyDelete