Sunday, June 21, 2015

Weekly Roundup

Number of people I've threatened
to kill for delaying me. 
That's my girl. 
Musical Monday: I worked on my Trevor-boosting rap and Lavinia produced a stunning rendition of Malaguena at her piano recital. People kept asking why I hadn't graduated yet and the punch was sub-par and lacking sherbet, so we made a hasty exit.

Tuesday Boozeday: People at work keep trying to ruin my life. There's a queue line for my disso apparatus. Interns have optional educational meetings we can attend and I got chewed out multiple times for not going to the one this week. One of the new interns keeps distracting me with her chattiness. It's like they're trying to stop my progression. I'm handling it.
There they are. The R.M.s 

Wednesday Friendsday: Greg got back from his mission. Since his BFF and our neighbor is also my fellow Pfizer intern, I hit him up and organized an outing. We went to the Pfizer BBQ with Greg, Collin, Hannah, and myself. Basically, we snatched up some food and departed.

Thirsty Thursday: We had a meeting I was actually looking forward to- there was no sharing of information, only food, chatting with my friends, and I was wearing shorts and a t shirt.
Trevor and I hit up the gym for some ball, bringing the family along. We ended with a game of PIG, where Greg pulled out a somersault, roll around on the floor, spin as fast as you can, between the legs granny shot from half court. Why did we invite him.
This is also the day that we had a killer morning arm workout. I haven't been able to move my upper body since.
And the evening ended with dad on the piano and Greg/Hannah/Kevin/I attempting to sing different parts of hymns. We're calling the new band 6andUP since you have to be at least 6' to be in the group.

Terrifying.
Friday Dieday: We went to the hospital all morning. Let it be known that I was the only one that had to get a needle in the arm. I am also the only one who hates people touching their elbow pit. At some point, the tubing popped open and blood and saline solution went everywhere.
Then dad refused to go on a food run so I was starving the whole day. Then we saw some creepy clowns. Then a guy hit on Hannah and we were all nice until he said her cartoon drawings looked like photographs. Then while I was waiting for my EKG, I had to meet the social worker who ended our short visit by asking if I needed anything. True to form, food was my only answer. She came back for me with a stolen lunch tray. Ask and ye shall receive....
I rushed back to work for a meeting with Bruce and a workout at the gym. I may or may not have followed my French friend around, but it was accidental.

Swimming Saturday: We took a trip up to Northborough to hang out with the grandparents and cousins and Aaron. Here's a conversation excerpt: Me: David Monson is my worst enemy because he tries to steal all my friends. Mimi: What friends? Ouch. Xander is now being called the White Crayon. That was my first time recreationally swimming since my mission. It was frigid, but worth it. My farmer's tan lines are pretty clear, especially after that blistering sunburn I had a few weeks back. The food was great, the company was better, and the best is that they all came down for Sunday revelries as well.

Sunday Funday: Greg spoke at church. Highlights: Greg said a guy was dead and Grampy starts cracking up. Also, afterwards, Grampy says Jesus hasn't saved you or Greg from loneliness yet, since neither of you are married. Thanks, Grampy. Merciless with these marriage jokes. You won't get me that easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment