Sunday, July 26, 2015

Are you dating a walrus?

Sons and Moons. 
Dad's only silly face. 
Monday left me smiling on all accounts. I've taken on 3 projects at work. Project Naomidis: Our job is to keep this suspension suspended, or to at least make sure it can be quickly distributed into your system. We found a certain powder we can add that helps with both aspects and (after being a little worried) received the news that it has low peroxide levels and so won't degrade the other ingredients. Project Bottle Opener: Our job here is to validate a model that predicts how much moisture tablets will take up. After some confusion last week, the experiment seems to be a bit more according to our predictions. Project Innovationization: Here we're trying to make the company more accessible to millennials. My team actually got narrowed down on an idea, agreed to the assignments I sent out, and I got some really positive feedback from some higher-ups on our plans.
Networking. I love it, but I hate it. I don't like being put in a room and being told, okay, do some networking. I do like making connections so I know who to ask when I need stuff. Apparently, I'm really good at it because people do me favors all the time.
A kid from the YSA ward has to go home suddenly (he being one of my only friends there), so we had a farewell party for him. Buffalo Wild Wings was involved (and heartily consumed) as well as a stop at Darrell's house for ice cream afterwards. I carpooled with Mom to her last Pathways class, which meant I didn't get home until midnight. Which is way past my bed time. (Meaning Friday was rough...)
Greg's lap is big enough for the
2 of us. Apparently. 
There it is. Bucket list that junk. 
But Saturday, we left at 6 for the temple. We attended the Mason family sealing and did a session. We snagged a couple temple cookies before heading to historic Boston for some world famous burgers and frappes. Shoutout to Zach for the recommendation! And may I suggest the Tom Brady (an inflating experience) with an Elvis frappe (it's all shook up). We then gallumphed over to Yawkey Way in search of standing room only tickets. Contrary to previous experience, however, the line was around the street! The game was sold out. And no amount of haggling could make it worth our money (especially since they ended up losing 5-1). We left and attended a YSA dance in Belmont, which was a significant improvement on the Palmyra fiasco. Greg and I were dancing like such crazy baffoons that everyone made a circle around us at various points to watch. I can't wait until the triple threat is reunited for UT dances. Those kids won't know what hit 'em.
Greg made cinnamon rolls ONLY for those who kept his engagements in PH class. (Meaning lots of leftovers for me :). We also became the official chauffeurs of the ward. I wouldn't complain if the drivers and the carless would communicate so rides were fixed to AND FROM church, so we wouldn't have to drive in the opposite direction of our house. Hindsight's 20/20. At least I had some cinnamon rolls to keep me company.
You know me. Always chillin' with my walruses. 




1 comment:

  1. You're an inflating experience. When's the next Brigham Street visit - other than for 2 seconds?

    ReplyDelete