Sunday, July 5, 2015

Home Alone

'Merca. 
 Happy Fourth. We celebrated this week by kicking our parents out of the house and living as free men (on the money they gave us). (And I'm still mad they went to France without me.) It was weird. There was only Greg (who has no job yet), Kevin (who kind of has a job sometimes), Trevor (who has a social life), Moriah (who literally does nothing all day), and yours truly. The house was mostly clean most of the time and we all wished we could give it a really thorough cleaning before Mom and Dad got home, but Mom would probably get mad at us for throwing all her stuff away, so we refrained. Barely.  Mainly it was weird because I felt like a parent. I went to work all day and came home where Greg had made dinner and we all ate together, which is a rare occurrence these days. Sometimes we'd even watch Arrow together. #6andUP Ca me fait bizarre. You know what else is bizarre? My two favorite mission presidents (Packer & Roney) are home now. I love them.

Thursday. Because the end of my week, as per usual, was infinitely more exciting than the beginning. I've got an intern friend, Maddie Loe, who I think is lonely in her office by herself, so I'm starting a Thursday tradition with her where we make fresh guac for lunch. Unfortunately, it's still a little rusty and she forgot the chips. Since she does not yet have the "I do what I want" mindset, I left work right quick and picked up some chips. Crisis averted. Ended off the night right with some Night Frisbee and homemade chocolate shakes.

I had Friday off, so Greg, Moriah, and I went clothes shopping. Greg only has brown shirts and I only have t shirts. And Moriah was bored. I met Greg back at the car after a bit and he showed me all his new colorful button down shirts he got. Well. It's a step closer. Then we all went to a YSA pool party, where Moriah chose to flirt it up with the men instead of swimming in the pool. I don't understand her.

And Saturday was a 6 Flags date for me and Kevin. He bought a season pass that I somehow convinced him to give me and I paid for parking. And carried his stuff. There was a special deal for Coke-bringers: you could enter the park an hour early. Luckily, we found some Coke at the YSA pool party and snatched a couple cans. We then proceeded to ride Bizarro more than its fair share of times. I'm all about that life.




















We arrived home to have a July 4 cookout with Greg and all pyrotechnics have been postponed due to weather and my parents not trusting me with open flames. (I am an EMT, guys.) We also then played several rounds of Uno, of which I won all but a single game.

Sunday. I got to teach Moriah a little more about fasting. She's not a huge fan. I got to read some of Tad R's The Infinite Atonement, which, as with anything of Tad's, comes highly recommended by myself. And I got to have another meeting as a ward missionary. Less actives beware. It was a weird day today because my conversations kept getting interrupted as if people couldn't see I was talking to someone else. It was rather disconcerting. But I did get several invites to basketball tomorrow, which means people might actually show up.

Shoutouts. First to Blake Roney,  who agreed to be my mission president. That might have been the worst and best decision you ever made. Sorry for being crazy. And for hiding pictures in all your stuff. And always taking everybody's interview time. (Haha. Jokes. Not sorry at all.) It's wonderful to have you back in the states. Don't forget to set an extra plate every Sunday night. The storm is coming.

To Boyd K. You lived a long and inspiring life. You'll be missed.

Also shoutout to this guy that always does ridiculous (but temporary) things that I challenge him to do. Love a good man bun. It's coming. (However, that bro tank is terrifying.)

4 comments:

  1. pray for derek. jk. just his hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are skipping with Matthew McConaughey? Why is Greg becoming Molly Homemaker? Why weren't you all up here on Friday? Questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop starving Moriah and start watching her flirting game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Questions we may never have the answer to. Coming home to a casserole dinner shocked me. And Greg needed to go clothes shopping so we decided on the first day I was available to go with him. He can only wear so many brown polos before I go crazy.
    And Moriah only skipped breakfast, so I wouldn't consider that starving...yet.

    ReplyDelete