Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hello Sleepy, I'm Dad

Little known fact about my childhood: every night my dad, before I went to bed, my dad would sing "I Heard Him Come". I liked that better than stories. And I only recently remembered this was a thing . Which I bore in mind as I created a new Sunday playlist for my phone.  (And as I researched new piano music to play.)

Little believed fact about my adulthood: all my friends are getting married. Whenever I get on any social media, that's all I see. I usually comment about it, but apparently people really didn't believe me until the wedding announcements started arriving via snail mail. This is real life, people.

Speaking of real life, I had some real life relatives over this week, all the way from UT. Many games were played, moments were enjoyed, and general havoc was wreaked. We did venture out to Friendly's for dinner one night. The last family dinner I attended was at Taco Bell because we couldn't handle any nicer establishments. Moving up in the world.
Tuesday = Bastille Day = French Independence Day. The gang went down to a local beach before the rains came down and the floods came up. Meanwhile I enjoyed a baguette and cheese and eclairs and monochrome clothes. (Although not nearly as much as I would IN France, with their authentic foods and quirky Frenchmen.) In honor of this momentous occasion, I quote the French national anthem, La Marseillaise,
To arms, citizens,Form your battalions,Let's march, let's march!Let an impure bloodWater our furrows!
And speaking of blood, I cut myself shaving. I wiped it off when I got out of the shower and then folded my laundry before I realized it was still dripping. I showed Isabelle, who immediately said, I know that's fake blood, Naomi. You can't gross me out that easily. Little did she know.
Institute happened. Guac night happened. Moriah has a new hobby of picking blubes from the backyard. And there are plenty to pick. But the fact that she actually enjoys a chore gives me hope for her future. (Next up, Isabelle...) I worked on a skirt I'm making. Xander and Trevor had parties at our house on Friday, so I enjoyed the tomato and basil pizza we ordered. Mom trimmed my girl hair to get rid of my split ends. Naps were taken.

And I snatched some food from our ward's pioneer picnic.
Funny Sunday stories:
-A man let me touch his beard.
-There's a rather annoying boy in the singles ward that Greg enjoys because he's so ridiculous and weird. But the boy also really likes girls and won't really talk to other boys. He asks me to drive him to church even though 15 boys live in his town. Then he thanks me for the ride even if Greg is driving. Greg gave him a piece of gum today and he thanked me. Weirdo.
-Greg brings treats to his PH class for all those who did the engagements only. I like it.
-President Monson once explained to us the degradation of RMs. Week one: suit and tie. Week two: lose the suit jacket. Week three: lose the suit pants. Week four: lose the white shirt. Week five: add an earring and a girl on their arm. Week six: lose them. So we teased Darrell about it since he was wearing a colored shirt. This week, you bet your sweet aspercreme he was wearing a full on suit like a dapper gentleman.
-And if you were wondering, Greg is taller than me, but my wingspan is larger. Go figure.
-I got an email from church HQ right before sacrament meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment