Sunday, March 13, 2016

So Ya Had A Bad Day?

What. A. Week. First of all, it was full of tests. Starting Monday morning at 9am. I thought it went well. Key word: thought. After clinicals, I went running and stopped by FHE afterwards to get myself ecclesiastically endorsed so I can keep going to college. I snagged a whole bucket of Red Vines and saw my good friend Jordan Jones on the way home, so we got to catch up.

Hair game still goin' strong.
Tuesday I studied and watched several hours of baseball while helping Matt with his comic book plot of his super hero origin. That I am a sub-main character in. I'll take it. Still fairly heavily featured.

Finished another one. This one's for ma guy, T Sizzle. Surprises all around.
Wednesday is the first bad day I can remember. I got my test back and, well, remember that apostle that said It's not good to get D's in school or life?? Forgot. The frustrating thing is that I know my stuff, I'm just not at all good at interpreting my teacher's multiple choice questions. I hate that. Then I spent the entire day agonizing about it because I still had several tests left to take. Then we lost our water polo game by 1 because the refs messed up the score and we were supposed to win by 1. All in all, it was a pretty crappy day. And since the point comes once in a blue moon where all of my suppressed stress erupts like a volcano in my brain, I decided to get a blessing. Which was lovely, as always. And although it never immediately destroys my inner anxiety and emotion that I typically banish from the nearly impenetrable walls of my mind, it does catalyze its slow dissipation. For which I am eternally grateful. The church is true, guys. Then I got free waffles and Matt/Benson came over and made me laugh.

Found this gem in my Ex Phys book.
Thursday I studied. I never get to go home anymore since my block class started. So between 7am and 9pm I need to have a near-constant source of nourishment for myself. This day, during my 12 o'clock class I was eating some snacks and my teacher, ex-Olympic speed skater, looks over. I offered her some of my Cheezits and she said she just thought she smelled oranges and figured that's what I was eating. Nope, but that is what I ate in that classroom two hours prior. Sorry, fam.

Also found this gem. #tb
I went to Institute with Christina and left with Benson. Christina left early for ecclesiastical endorsements and Benson came late because he was running and lost track of the time. Either way, good company was kept and we talked all about my dad's boy: Jo Smith himself. What a guy.

Call us the Trashketballer 4 Lyfe.
It's spring season for high school sports now and my favorite to work with is soccer. Because all the kids are hispanic, swagalicious, and crazy stupid good at their trade. Friday we had to watch their games with substitute Patty (since the real Patty, our head AT, was in St. George with the softball team). One of the interns wanted to make up her hours by coming to the game as well, so we agreed as long as she brought us ice cream. She paid up in full. The games were good and we crushed, although with only minor injuries on both sides.

With the Reynaud's. Lovin' it. 
We caught a ride over to our club Athletic Training party. Mainly for the free tacos. But we arrived just in time for the semester games. First we had to spine board an injured patient as fast as possible (maintaining quality). We won by ten seconds, even with the riotous laughter that ensued. Then we had to throw tape ends into a bucket (aka Trashketball), which Orien won for us by a landslide. Finally, I was volunteered (and reluctantly agreed) to stick my hands in an ice bucket for five minutes and then tape an ankle as fast and as good as I could manage with numb hands. Little did I know that I inherited Reynaud's disease, which is a little more than just sensitivity to cold. Within thirty seconds of intense and voluntary pain, my arms had turned purple. But I was in it to win it. And that I did - again, by a landslide. I'm the fastest and best ankle taper this school has ever seen. Our fastest certified can do it in 45s, well I can do it in 30s. Come at me, bro.

Squad Goals. 
Saturday I studied for and took my final exam of the week. (Several down, with still more to look forward to). I caught Matt after his game of Killball (more on this in the future) and we went swimming together for the Lazy Man Iron Man. Then Greg dropped me off at the temple for some initiatories. And was even kind enough to pick me up afterwards. Note to all: if you gave me temple names, never fear. They ARE being worked on. But I only go to the temple once a week, so it's going to take a bit before you get them back.

The REAL squad. 
Today was Daylight Savings Day and I barely noticed. I was so emotionally drained and physically exhausted from this week that I will be going to bed very early tonight. And, because I was going to my friend's homecoming at 11, I got to sleep in a bit. Lauren, Ho'o, and I went to their Sacrament Meeting and made sure we took some good pics. After practicing the piano a bit, Lauren Rigby, Matt, and I went back for food at their house. We also talked to Uncle Mike for a while and snatched some paintings I left in their shed a few years back. Then I Skyped the fam, who apparently missed me. Huh.

And our final amigo has returned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment