Sunday, March 6, 2016

Shinnsley always on the lurk

This week marks the halfway point of the semester. Meaning I started my block class on ethics. It seems like a waste, but it's required for graduation, so I guess I'll suffer through.

It's finally warm enough to never bring a jacket or wear pants! It also means that Matt started riding his bike to our classes and clinicals. Which means I'm sad now that I have to walk by myself. BUT. Matt was kind enough to let me try to ride on his handlebars. Which didn't really work. Instead, I sit on the seat and hold onto his backpack, which he makes into a front pack, and he stands on the pedals and pedals me the three blocks to our house.
Kevin got my FHE postcard. And LOVED it. 
FHE this week happened in combination with several other groups. We drove up to the Burrows' house (a bishopric member) for dinner and fun. Sister Burrows recounted the tale of when she first learned English and her vocabulary became very colorful very fast. We enjoyed a delicious meal and I lost terribly at foosball. I initiated races sliding down the carpeted stairs and won all of them. I also got some nice carpet burns on my legs. We ended by listening to Nate's piano concert he had to do for a class assignment. We made him end with the fastest version of "Do You Hear the People Sing?" from Les Mis and we all gathered around and sang along.

Sometimes people tell Matt he looks like Luke Skywalker.
Which is funny bc the ball coach looks like Kylo Ren.
And they have ice throwing battles on the daily.
The first of March marked the day that I had to pay rent. And also the first day of the Lazy Man Iron Man. It's nice that there's a stationary bike at my clinical site because I just hop on it in my down time and crank out a few miles. Any more than that and my butt goes numb, thanks to the bike seat pinching off my pudendal nerves.
Sometimes we have to practice palpating shoulder injuries while
wearing the football team's gear. 
After a short study group, my basketball team, "Jordyn Enos", had our first tournament game. We are now in the highest division, but ranked the lowest. We are better than we were originally expecting, and should have started out in the higher division. Unfortunately, we did not, and although our skill level was higher than our opponents', our conditioning was not.

And sometimes Orien takes pictures of himself on your phone.
Wednesday I had an interview for a job at a doctor's office in the training room. I would do this in addition to clinicals, but it pays pretty nicely and works around my clinical schedule. Rob, the basketball trainer, did the interview. He knows I plan on working with him next winter because every time I see him I make some comment about it. He usually laughs. But he mentioned in the interview that my communication skills are on point. Good, good.

And sometimes this is the best day.
Too bad dad never let me play football as a kid.
I actually went to Institute again! This is the third time in...well, ever. And I ate some mediocre, but free, french toast afterwards. My RS had a get-to-know-the-apartment rootbeer float night and Benson showed me the History of Japan.

Once Christina locked herself out when she tried to leave for work at 3am and I had to let her back in. She said she owed me some food or something (and I'm not about to say no to that). She bought a garlic chicken Brick Oven pizza and I wholeheartedly partook.

Round One: Chic-fil-A.
After a fair amount of studying for my three upcoming tests, it was time for popcorn and movie night. Homemade popcorn for dayysss, plus a little bit of PB/chocolate popcorn that was pretty dang good as well. In combination with A Knight's Tale and my friends in C109, it made for a great evening. As the self-proclaimed Chaucer, it is my duty to inform you of a few facts I learned.

First, all the crowd members were Turks with a decent language barrier. Remember that scene where Chaucer first introduces Will and nobody cheers? Then Roland has to cheer to start them up? Not planned. But hilarious, all the same.
Second, Sir Thomas Colville, the alias of Prince Edward, is an actual knight from the 13th century. His father's ambition and ruthless tactics helped further his position. Starting as a mere landowner in Yorkshire, he soon became a master forester, parliament member, and tax collector through his connections with King Richard II's close staff. He also inherited land from any widows in the surrounding area, and there seemed to be plenty of that. This is also the name of an art collector in NY.
I'm officially working at Pfizer again this summer. There was some confusion because I told Jeremy I would work for him and then I got an offer from Andy and then I thought I would have to choose between them and that would've really been awful, but long story short: Jeremy = Andy and voila, I have a job.
Round Two: 180 Tacos.
Saturday was, again, nice and relaxing. I studied so much and ran three miles. Our RS presidency has been planning a trip to Chic-fil-A for weeks because Alexis is obsessed. We finally made it. Alexis and I rep'd RS2, Hannah is our RS1 spy and RS2 VP, and Lyndsie is my roommate that I never see anymore since she's dating a boy. These three hoodlums decided it would be a good idea to split our lunch 50/50 between Chic-fil-A and 180 Tacos. I vetoed this, but was overruled. So we ordered less food so we could go to both places. Then the other three decided they were full after one stop, so I was the only one who got a taco. I hate that.

Derek's parking job. Professional or Accidental?
Later, Tyson and I studied for our ExPhys test that's coming up while eating 50% off Brick Oven pizza that was delicious. Lauren Bellon arrived just in time to accompany me to Stake Conference, where we met some sassy friends, Ben and Brooks. We like them. Then Christina made waffles, her brother made cookies, and I made smoothies. Lauren filmed me doing my laundry and I put eye drops in her eyes. She slept over and we were both out by ten. Which made it awkward when two annoying boys wanted to come say hi to us at eleven. Sorry not sorry.

I like this hat. Also, Greg's covering up
 the puppies in the back.
Today was Stake Conference. I met a very attractive boy who was nice and funny. But then my roommates ran as soon as the closing prayer was over, so I followed without finding out his name or contact info in order to have a ride home. (Stake center wasn't really within walking distance). Let the stalking begin.
If you take one selfie, she's going to want to take another.
And another. And another.
Delicious family dinner at Ben/Joy's tonight. Hayley climbed on Greg and I like the sturdy koala trees we are. Derek and I lost (and by that I mean won) miserably a game of normal Uno. And Greg's GF was a no-show and is possibly made up. We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. "Greg's GF was a no-show and possibly made up." Classic!

    ReplyDelete